Plinkerdictor

By Muelmuel, in Star Wars: Armada Fleet Builds

I heard Combat Interdictor is a benched ship, so here's my attempt to try and get it in a fleet:

Plinkerdictor (0/393/400)
==========================

Cymoon 1 Refit (112 + 40: 152)
· General Romodi (20)
· Gunnery Team (7)
· Intensify Firepower! (6)
· Linked Turbolaser Towers (7)

Interdictor Combat Refit (93 + 15: 108)
· Targeting Scrambler (5)
· Leading Shots (4)
· Auxiliary Shields Team (3)
· Interdictor (3)

Arquitens-class Light Cruiser (54)

Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 + 2: 25)
· Comms Net (2)

Ion Storm
Asteroid Tactics
Dangerous Territory

Imo, a Suppression with dcaps seems to be as good as a Combat bar the extra flak, so I wondered how to differentiate it with the swap from blue to red that it gets for ship battery. IF! sounds like an idea to keep it plinking enemies with reliable small packets of damage with it's 2 reds while on approach. How to proceed from here? I decided to add kitties to join in the plinky theme, and flot for tokens. Romodi to make the long shots hit harder, and objectives that control the obstacles. Might possibly need squad cover and other tweaks

It’s an interesting approach.

While I still don’t think the Combat Refit is worth it, this is probably the closest it gets to a credible use case. Leading Shots is probably overkill for a pool of 4-5 dice supported by IF. HCIT could be interesting, or just leaving the slot empty. DCaps are still good for an extra 2-4 dice at long range: that’s basically External Racks. Fill the officer slot with Brunson?

The rest is all cheap and solid. I’d honestly still be running this under a Suppression Refit because Romodi does more for its obstructed long range attacks, flak isn’t going to kill things here, and the second refit slot is great. But I understand that’s not what you set out to do, so good luck.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

I'd go to Suppression Refit and play more with obstacle moving shenanigans.

On 5/22/2020 at 11:51 AM, Muelmuel said:

I heard Combat Interdictor is a benched ship, so here's my attempt to try and get it in a fleet:

Plinkerdictor (0/393/400)
==========================

Cymoon 1 Refit (112 + 40: 152)
· General Romodi (20)
· Gunnery Team (7)
· Intensify Firepower! (6)
· Linked Turbolaser Towers (7)

Interdictor Combat Refit (93 + 15: 108)
· Targeting Scrambler (5)
· Leading Shots (4)
· Auxiliary Shields Team (3)
· Interdictor (3)

Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 + 2: 25)
· Comms Net (2)

Ion Storm
Asteroid Tactics
Dangerous Territory

Imo, a Suppression with dcaps seems to be as good as a Combat bar the extra flak, so I wondered how to differentiate it with the swap from blue to red that it gets for ship battery. IF! sounds like an idea to keep it plinking enemies with reliable small packets of damage with it's 2 reds while on approach. How to proceed from here? I decided to add kitties to join in the plinky theme, and flot for tokens. Romodi to make the long shots hit harder, and objectives that control the obstacles. Might possibly need squad cover and other tweaks

I think it would be really to cool to use the G8 (instead of scramblers) to force your opponent to place their ship in a way he grants you obstruction but we really know how that's gonna work.

I’d swap Leading Shots for Hi-Capacity ion Turbines for the extra blue dice