Happy 40 Years to The Empire Stirkes Back 🥂

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

brn7y2yjk1051.jpg

40 Years Ago Today, Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back Released Worldwide

It's official: I'm old.

f5sxam93c4051.jpg

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun
49 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

It's official: I'm old.

Like Corellian brandy, you get better with age.

51 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Like Corellian brandy, you get better with age.

More like a particularly ripe Tauntaun cheese 😂

1 hour ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Art by Matt Ferguson

As a kid, ESB was one of my least favorites of the movies. There really isn't a ton of action in the movie once you are past the Battle of Hoth. The whole Yoda training scene was a bit boring to me and probably a little scary (cave scene). Now as an adult that is probably my favorite sequences in the entire trilogy.

It truly is a masterpiece of a movie.

Edited by Jo Jo

Always loved ESB as long as I can remember.

As a kid, the battle on Both and the Asteroid Field chase were always fun to watch, and the wampa attack, Dagobah cave and finale with Vader were scary (in a good way).

As I got older, I started to appreciate the film more and more. I think the final battle between Luke and Vader is probably one of my favourite duels not just in Star Wars. Once Vader starts bringing the force powers into play it's clear Luke was hopelessly overmatched.

Definitely my favorite film of the franchise as it just edges out IV. Great plot, great character development, nice action scenes, fantastic lines, and very good twist and turns.

...definitely requires to be talked of over a nice tea.

svqzb5nua5051.jpg

11 hours ago, Odanan said:

Tell us more about it.

Monday work?

detkvoq0pb051.png

Cheers to the greatest SW movie ever made! 🍻

There is no Empire without Star Wars

Having said that, here's to the other most amazing film of all the series. Star Wars and Empire, the best of them all, forever :D

f5p4l94hal951.jpg

You’re going to miss them.

7 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

We’ve warped back to the 80’s!

Quick! Stock up on gasoline!

1tr70y5ybkb51.jpg

The original Yoda puppet from The Empire Strikes Back , today.