Galadriel and Collapsed Tower Questions (Celbrimbor's Secret)

By Vince79, in Rules questions & answers

Started playing Celebrimbor's Secret, which prompted a couple of questions:

1) When Galadriel is wearing Nenya, and you exhaust them both, does that trigger both of their effects, or do you have to choose just one of them?

In other words, can you reduce your threat by one, draw one card, AND add her willpower to another character?

2) I had explored Collapsed Tower , and it was in the discard pile. Then I had City Remains as the active location, and I put some progress tokens on it. It says to trigger the topmost Scour effect in the discard pile, which was Collapsed Tower . Collapsed Tower's trigger effect says "Return this location to the staging area and place two damage on it". Should you return Collapsed Tower to the staging area, even though it was in the discard pile and had already been explored? This is what I did, but I wondered about it.

Whatever the answer to #1, wow Galadriel is powerful. I may have finally found a Spirit hero to knock Eowyn out of the deck for awhile.

For #1, the exhaustion of galadriel is the cost for the effect of choice. So you can exhaust her to reduce threat and draw card OR you can exhaust her and her ring to add her willpower to another character. Both do not trigger on one exhaust. However, if you have a way to ready her, you can exhaust her twice, choicing each ability.

For #2, you played it correctly. Unless a location is added to the victory display, even though it is "expored" and in the discard pile, it can come back into play through card effects.

On #2, what would we do if Collapsed Tower was at the top of the discard pile but had never actually been in the staging area (e.g it was a shadow card)? I mean, I know the right answer is "add it to the staging area", but technically...

21 hours ago, player3351457 said:

For #1, the exhaustion of galadriel is the cost for the effect of choice. So you can exhaust her to reduce threat and draw card OR you can exhaust her and her ring to add her willpower to another character. Both do not trigger on one exhaust. However, if you have a way to ready her, you can exhaust her twice, choicing each ability.

Thanks, yeah that makes sense. Kind of a stupid question, now that I think about it further. Good suggestion on finding a way to ready her, I'll have to look into that.

3 hours ago, NathanH said:

On #2, what would we do if Collapsed Tower was at the top of the discard pile but had never actually been in the staging area (e.g it was a shadow card)? I mean, I know the right answer is "add it to the staging area", but technically...

There was a ruling at some point having to do with the semantics of the word return —I think it had to do with whether a Silvan event could bounce an ally to your hand if it had never passed through there in the first place, as would be quite common via, say, The Tree People—and I believe the ruling essentially was: yes, you can, don't worry too much about it.

Edited by sappidus