Fantasy Setting Campaign feedback

By Scambler, in Genesys

I'm starting our first genesys fantasy campaign (avid EotE players already) and need a little input from other creative minds. The Antagonists are the cult followers of a God long dead who seek to resurrect him. To do this they need to find 13 shards of his shattered heart (which turned to stone when when he was killed by his lover, a Goddess). Each of those stones must be imbued with 13 souls? Maybe just a 1 soul per shard? still debating it.

The PC's come into contact with an obviously senile sage with delusions of doomsday, looking to hire a group of rugged adventures to help him save the world.

I'm looking for some requirements for the NPC's whose souls are being imbued into the shards. seven son of the seventh son type of thing. But I'm looking for more unique and fantastical ideas.

Any thoughts?

Say, perhaps, the Goddess had several supporters/subordinates/allies. Each of these individuals (and their offspring/descendants/successors) was tasked with sealing the shards to prevent them from rejoining. Killing or draining these individuals rejoins a shard. If you go this way, I would either reduce the number of shards (3-4), or have the cult already have unsealed the majority of them.