Land of Sorrow - Remaining Cards

By EBerling, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

Nice to see all these Canadian players here. I’m in Fort McMurray, Alberta and have a few groups we play with here.

Well Canadian players, this is the reply I got from a Toronto-based retailer who was kind enough to look into the Land of Sorrow distribution delays up here:

"Apologies for the inconvenience, unfortunately we would not have too much information in regards to the lengthy delays of Land of Sorrow. We are told by our distributor, that simply because of manufacturing issues due to COVID-19, that the product has been delayed and when pressed about how, as you have mentioned, the US has received their copies ahead all the way back in August, we were just that unfortunately suppliers/manufacturers are different for US and Canada and that it is just the Canadian locations having issues. Sadly that is all the information that we have."

I cancelled and ordered the US, I was a little concerned with the game winding down that the final packs wouldn't see a reprint and it would a single printing (similar to some other LCGs which have concluded at this point).

I'm a bit worried about getting everything game has to offer before it ends as well. Couldn't find any modern packs online. Ordered the bunch of odler ones that I could find and didn't have. Having my fingers crossed I'll be able to get Smeagol and Saruman at the very least.

1 hour ago, BlackHalo2 said:

I cancelled and ordered the US, I was a little concerned with the game winding down that the final packs wouldn't see a reprint and it would a single printing (similar to some other LCGs which have concluded at this point).

I did the same thing.

And I'm worried I'm going to have to do it Fortress of Nurn, as well. How is that the other FFG LCG titles make it to Canadian retailers, but not the last couple of LotR packs? It's mind boggling.

EDIT: My Land of Sorrows pack has been stuck in Newark, NJ, since September 22. And it has to be routed via Sweden before coming back to Canada. These logistical chains just seem so counter intuitive.

Edited by TwiceBorn

Yeah I did the same for the final pack from miniature market, just crazy that other things are released in Canada but just not our game.