Path of Waves Hardcover Shortage?

By Masakiyo, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Roleplaying Game

So I've been away from the game for awhile due to finishing up other gaming campaigns and this pesky pandemic thing. Now I was looking into getting the hardcover for Path of Waves but it seems to be out of stock everywhere and only available at exorbitant prices from Europe. Anyone know if this is purely pandemic-distribution related?

I know that the books are printed in China and during February it wasn't going well there with the pandemic. Now I also want buy the sins of regret, but living in one country in Europe, there aren't any left in stock here. I did saw a couple available for the normal price in Canada. It just so happened that I was just lucky enough to buy one of the the last Path of Waves book in stock. I presume the pandemic is also causing delays in the new book, Celestial Realms. I mean the book is finished as stated on the FFG website, it now only needs to be printed.

They could start electronic distribution sooner, I guess.

Pretty sure Path of Waves is available on Drivethru RPG now, isn't it?

Yep. But the original question is about the physical books, where earlier digital distribution doesn't help anyway.

14 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Pretty sure Path of Waves is available on Drivethru RPG now, isn't it?

Yes, but it came up a month and a half or close to that after the DTF (dead tree format) had been released. I’m just suggesting FFG should start taking a look at sooner release of digital media.

Yeah, I have no interest in a pdf. These books basically demand to be owned in hard copy. I'm presuming they'll be back in stock before too long, but I've noticed shortages on the other books as well, probably due to pandemic-related stuff, though China's opened back up now. In fact, since my wife is Chinese, we often get stuff from China and these days that stuff is shipping faster than stuff we order from Amazon here in the USA.

Talked to the guy who runs our local game store today and he confirmed it's a distribution issue due to the pandemic. He told me not to overpay, as he should have it in stock in a couple weeks. I already have it on a wishlist on 3 different sites so hopefully it will show up soon.

I have had this book on order for months. My LGS didn't get it in February. They told me today that in their order system it listed it as a pre-order. Hopefully the rest get here with the other FFG late items.

Yeah; I've checked with 4 game stores in the last week. One said that it had shipped but not arrived yet; the others said it was on order. So I'm hoping it will be available again soon.

Happy to report that I snagged my hardcover today at my FLGS!

Is there any hope of a reprint? I'd totally buy a hard copy.

Like I said, I got mine a few weeks ago so I think it's a mainly a warehousing distribution issue. So keep checking your local stores.