Attacking out of turn.

By Rickwilljames, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Im playing my first campaign. I am currently playing Legolas as payhfinder. I have some questions about the Ambush ability.

When an enemy moves i to a space you may discard to perform an attack. Am i right to assume that this takes place after the enemy group moves, but before they attack? In which case they may be killed before they get to attack? If not when would it happen, and if so, how to do go about doing this in the app without waiting until the next action phase?

for example, when this came up, a group of goblins was 2 spaces spaces away. They move to and attack me. However when the move i to a space i may attack them. Does that trigger on the first space they move? Then i attack with legolas range attack? Or do you wait until they finish their move and attack?

Also baited trap works similar, but i dont have that one. Is it the same rules?

@Rickwilljames You can absolutely attack out of turn with those cards!

I believe each time they enter a new space there is an opportunity to trigger your attack, so as soon as they are within your attack range and they move, you can discard it and attack.

You should be able to click on the villains at the bottom of the screen and deal damage to them, before declaring to the app whether or not the enemy can attack anyone. If this kills them, they do indeed go away without attacking you.

Hi

On 5/11/2020 at 12:11 PM, SpiderMana said:

@Rickwilljames you should be able to click on the villains at the bottom of the screen and deal damage to them, before declaring to the app whether or not the enemy can attack anyone. If this kills them, they do indeed go away without attacking you.

Hmm..... Thought i had tried that, But i will TRY AGAIN!

thanks!