Crit Fish, 1st Try (and 1st Post)

By sirKnumskull88, in Star Wars: Armada Fleet Builds

Hello!

I'm a relatively new player and have played only a hand full of 400 pt games, but so far I'm a huge fan of this game. I've been playing around with several builds and now I'm finally brave enough to post one! I realize that Dodonna has fallen out of favor in some people's minds, but I don't have Agate yet and I'm all about cheap commanders...

Name: Dodonna w/ Med Squads
Faction: Rebel
Commander: General Dodonna

Assault: Precision Strike
Defense: Hyperspace Assault
Navigation: Minefields

MC80 Star Cruiser (96)
• General Dodonna (20)
• Intel Officer (7)
• Weapons Battery Techs (5)
• Nav Team (4)
• High-Capacity Ion Turbines (8)
• XX-9 Turbolasers (5)
• Mon Karren (8)
= 153 Points

CR90 Corvette B (39)
• Engine Techs (8)
• Dodonna's Pride (6)
= 53 Points

MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63)
• Expert Shield Tech (5)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Assault Proton Torpedoes (5)
• Admonition (8)
= 85 Points

GR-75 Medium Transports (18)
• Toryn Farr (7)
• Comms Net (2)
• Bright Hope (2)
= 29 Points

Squadrons:
• 2 x YT-2400 (32)
• Luke Skywalker (20)
• Malee Hurra (26)
= 78 Points

Total Points: 398

I realize I'm sinking a lot into upgrades compared the squadrons that I've seen a lot of other Dodonna builds do. The idea is to throw out a lot of blue dice, whether it's double arcing with either the CR90B or Liberty or making the most out of my small fighter screen, all while rerolling with Toryn. The Liberty doesn't really care about accuracies with Mon Karren + Intel, so I'll turn any accuracy into extra damage.

I would delay any fighter ball and keep Malee near any one of the combat ships' primary target for guaranteed crits. And if I'm facing no squads, Luke and Malee can set up some nice attack runs for even more face-ups.

One question is BCC worth it instead of Comms Net? I only have 2 bombers and I'd like to pass tokens for extra maneuverability for my Liberty, but I'd also hate whiffing on Luke. Also Dangerous Territory or Minefields? I've got almost no bid so I'm playing to the objectives. Thanks in advance for any constructive feedback.

Edited by sirKnumskull88

I’d try to get engine techs on your Liberty, as you need that front arc pointing at the enemy due to your weak sides. Also, if you only have two bombers then bcc isn’t worth it. I like your MC30 set up, but I’m trying Foresight and Shield Techs instead just recently . Lando is a good fit there with Admo though. Welcome to the game as well!

Welcome!! Quite a nice list there, good upgrade picks. I see you have HCIT, is your LMC80 looking to double arc? As @Herr Style mentioned, it's sides are pretty weak so you have to be careful. ET also allows more movement, which the StarCruiser should find useful to help it close into blue dice range. Another support team I suggest could be Auxiliary Shields Team. D pride is not highly reliable even with Toryn support, so you might want SW-7 as a failsafe. Objectives wise, just be careful of precision strike which may backfire if you face a bomber fleet list, since your squad cover isn't very much.

Cheers!

Edited by Muelmuel

Wow, this is exceptional for a newish player. Really like some of your choices!

I think I’d drop Nav Team and move Engine Techs from Dodonna’s Pride (it doesn’t need them) to Mon Karren, add SW-7 Ion Cannons to the Pride, and man, looks pretty good.

I do worry a little about whether Malee is worth it here. She’s awfully expensive, you have a lot of ways to get crits already, and she drops a die to change a die... I dunno. I feel like she’s pretty meh.

But by now you may have had time to actually playtest this. How’d it go?