Restricted Attachments

By etmoore, in Rules questions & answers

One more amateur question, sorry! How many attachments can a character have? I'm used to Star Wars Destiny where a character can have only 3, but can a character have more than that in LOTR? And when it says "Restricted", does that mean they can only have 2 copies of THAT specific attachment, or they can only have a total of 2 restricted attachments altogether? Thanks for your help!

2 restricted attachments altogether. Other than that and the common sense "limit 1 per character" there is no limit

54 minutes ago, etmoore said:

One more amateur question, sorry! How many attachments can a character have? I'm used to Star Wars Destiny where a character can have only 3, but can a character have more than that in LOTR? And when it says "Restricted", does that mean they can only have 2 copies of THAT specific attachment, or they can only have a total of 2 restricted attachments altogether? Thanks for your help!

There are no limit in general to the number of attachments a character can have, but each character can only have a total of 2 Restricted attachments. These 2 can be copies of the same, but keep in mind that some of them have a "limit 1 per character/hero" stipulation also.

To add to this, I think that a you can play a third restricted attachment on a character with 2 restricted attachments and then immediately discard one restricted attachment of your choice.

Hopefully someone can correct me if that is wrong.

Just now, Adaepholn said:

To add to this, I think that a you can play a third restricted attachment on a character with 2 restricted attachments and then immediately discard one restricted attachment of your choice.

That's correct.

Great, thank you!