Roll20 Token Marker Set

By Ebak, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Hello everyone,

Over the past couple of days I've been working on a Token Marker set for Roll20.

Token Markers is something Roll20 added awhile ago, it basically allows you to add little markers to the upper part of a token to signify a status effect of some kind. You can even use 0 to 9 to add a number over this.

However, the standard token set I found a bit...lacking for my needs as a Star Wars RPG player. So I decided to make my own! After a trial run, and getting some feedback on the first set, I come to you with the updated version. Now this can still be considered a work in progress, if you have any recommendations for tokens you want to add, please let me know, I'm not artist but I am sure I can knock something up.

One of the things that frustrated me with my tokens is I couldn't accurately define if something was a Minion, Rival, or Nemesis, so I did add the Threat, Failure, and Despair markers to fill this void. Since then people requested the other dice symbols and some alternatives so there is a stylised M, R and N in the pack to do the same effect. The N even has room to allow the number overlay from Roll20 so you can clearly get across to players how many minions are in that group.

There are weapon markers just in case you want to clearly show what type of weapon your NPC is using.

Then there are the status effects. I had fun with these as there are a lot more than you would think. Sure you have ensnared, staggered, unconcious etc. However I never thought to add blind, bound or jetpack until someone recommended it to me.

Finally there are the dice modifiers, now these are small but you can now assign a specific dice mod to a token as a reminder to players. At the recommendation of others I even made a version that is supposed to represented "If you target this character, do this dice mod" which is why there's the dice mods with the targeting reticle. There's a round and a square version because if I am honest I wasn't happy with how either came out and both have their advantages and disadvantages so I thought I'd throw both in so people can use whatever they prefer.

You'll need WinRar or some other decompression program to open the set and you can download them here . O n the right hand side there is a 'sign in' button and to the right of that an arrow with a line. That's the download button. Click that and select 'direct download'.

zVyCN7n.jpg

Edited by Ebak

Already said this on the subreddit but just reiterating here - these are awesome! Definitely going to make liberal use of these when I can finally put together an online game.

Thanks for your work!

These are great. Thank you very much for making these up. I could have used them last night but WILL use them next Tuesday. I'll let you know how it goes.

Just saw these on reddit and downloaded them. Looking forward to using them in game. thank you

Holy cannoli! These are fantastic!!

As someone who is currently running 3 games online on Roll20 I just want to say, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

No problem!

Please let me know what you think and how they worked out for you! Always looking to improve.

I used these in my last game. Loved the trick of showing how many minions were in a token. I had used the bar previously, and it only led to confusion and me repeating, there's two minions there, no, that's not their wounds.

Another token I used was to show who had a boost coming. Very helpful when things get chaotic.

And along with that, who had a difficulty die to hit them (from cover, etc.).

All in all, big fan. Loved these. Thank you so much!

These are wonderful, but I am confused how to save them to my computer. It wants to save as a webpage. It wants to save a folder as well, but the folder seems to be filled with nonsense. I'm not seeing any images.

10 hours ago, RLogue177 said:

These are wonderful, but I am confused how to save them to my computer. It wants to save as a webpage. It wants to save a folder as well, but the folder seems to be filled with nonsense. I'm not seeing any images.

So when you open the page, on the right hand side there is 'sign in' and to the right of that an arrow with a line. That's the download button. Click that and select 'direct download'.

10 hours ago, Ebak said:

So when you open the page, on the right hand side there is 'sign in' and to the right of that an arrow with a line. That's the download button. Click that and select 'direct download'.

Got it! Thank you very much.

These are AMAZING! Thanks for all your hard work and for sharing freely!

On 5/28/2020 at 5:58 PM, ianinak said:

These are AMAZING! Thanks for all your hard work and for sharing freely!

No problem! Why charge for them? Better to give back to the community.