Leadership Denethor and Heir of Mardil

By Alonewolf87, in Rules questions & answers

I will quote @sappidus cause he is an infinite source of knowledge about rulings.

I seem to remenber Caleb explaining to me during a Lure of Middle Earth that LeDenethor moving around a resources with his ability was not a valid trigger for Heir of Mardil (something around the lines that gaining a resource was different from moving one, even though the number of resource token on one hero or available to one player went up), even if they were controlled by different players. Basically unless you went and took a new resource token from the bank Heir of Mardil won't trigger. I am imagining things or do I remember this correctly?

I know about Rule Clarification 1.25 from the online FAQ but the fourth paragraph seems to contradict Caleb's affirmation.

Edited by Alonewolf87

From the FAQ:

Gaining a resource is a blanket term that includes collecting, adding and moving. Any time the number of resources in a hero’s pool is increased, that hero has gained one or more resources.

So LeDenethor/Bifur/Errand-Rider and so forth will work to trigger it.

Edit: sorry, I missed that you referenced it already. But even if Caleb said this at a con, and said it after FAQ 1.9 was released, I'm not inclined to accept private verbal statements directly contradicting the written FAQ as a ruling.

Edited by dalestephenson