Any VSD-I conversion kits available?

By Lord Tareq, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

Just wondering if there are any shapeways or otherwise Victory-I class conversion kits available with the open missile 'wings' for the Armada VSD?

Thanks!

The VSD-1 Conversion Kits that @LinoB was working on are on Page 6 of this thread. Not currently seeing them on his Shapeways site though.

His Facebook page: Onil Creations has some other updates, bottom line Shapeways raised their pricing, and he doesn't agree with it, so he does his own prints independently.

his creations are quite good and quite cheap. But he is also quite-not-producing-at-the-time as his process uses medical gloves and masks that are best used elsewhere at the moment

(well he'll correct me if he has gone back in prod)

Thanks, I've looked into it but his kit only seems to replace part of the closed VSD-II wing leaving the angled front part in place. This looks a little odd to me. Does anyone happen to have a pic of how it looks on an actual VSD model?

Like previously mentioned, I have made a VSD I conversion kit, unfortunately the only person that ordered it didn’t share a picture of it yet. I usually print my models on demand but problems caused by the world pandemic forced me to suspend my activity. My biggest issue right now is getting some supplies like gloves and IPA even resin (here in Canada) are almost impossible to get. I still have some in stock but, until I can re-order, I keep what is left for prototyping future models.

On 4/27/2020 at 12:47 AM, LinoB said:

Like previously mentioned, I have made a VSD I conversion kit, unfortunately the only person that ordered it didn’t share a picture of it yet. I usually print my models on demand but problems caused by the world pandemic forced me to suspend my activity. My biggest issue right now is getting some supplies like gloves and IPA even resin (here in Canada) are almost impossible to get. I still have some in stock but, until I can re-order, I keep what is left for prototyping future models.

And don't think it isn't appreciated! I am eagerly looking forward to your next creation.

I honestly don't know about the VSD I conversion kit, but if it is half as good as the VSD I model @LinoB made, it is worth it. Personally I would recommend his VSD I. Honestly, no ship in Armada is more deserving of its own sculpt than a VSD I. I ordered 3, and with Clone Wars coming up, I am going to need at least two more.

Beautiful model, and absolutely worth the cost. Saddly, I realized that I have way more paint jobs I want on a VSD I, than 3... First world problems, but I will most likely order another 3 as soon as things get back to normal.

Edited by cynanbloodbane
On 4/27/2020 at 12:47 AM, LinoB said:

I'm really late to the game, but denatured alcohol works as a really great replacement to IPA. I also tend to use kitchen gloves over medical gloves and I've not hit an issue.

@ThatRobHuman Thanks for the info!

I found some denatured Alcohol at a local hardware store, gloves were a problem 3-2 months ago but now I can find plenty at normal price. My biggest problem was to get supply of resins here in Canada, I’m now able to order some scince last week but have to expect 2 or 3 week before getting it. The good news is I will be able to restart my 3D print services around the 15 of July!

Great news!

12 hours ago, LinoB said:

@ThatRobHuman Thanks for the info!

I found some denatured Alcohol at a local hardware store, gloves were a problem 3-2 months ago but now I can find plenty at normal price. My biggest problem was to get supply of resins here in Canada, I’m now able to order some scince last week but have to expect 2 or 3 week before getting it. The good news is I will be able to restart my 3D print services around the 15 of July!

Great news!