Clone Gunners & LTTs Squadron Special

By eliteone, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

Should work against one squadron in the firing arc. For when you really, really want to pop that 3 Hull Scatter Ace?

Theorycrafting a potential attack from a ship with a 2 blue die anti-squadron armament, with this combo should look like this:

Blue-Blue-Red-Black +Blue set to ACC+ ConFire

6 die agaisnt one squad from a ship. #Bye

If you add a black die as ConFire your average damage against the squad is 3, with a 51% chance to roll an accuracy somewhere, before the LTT reroll. If you do 2 black die with LTTs instead of the red you get an additional .25% average damage, but the chance for that 2nd ACC goes down to 44%. You're not likely to have Ordance Experts (opinion, I have no idea if there will be a viable 2 blue anti squad ship that also boasts two Weapons Team slots...)

That, and most Scatter Aces are backed up with a Brace, so you gotta get all 3 Damage and Double Acc... Or roll up 6 damage...

... and congratulations, you spent 20-odd points, a confire token and an attack to kill a sub-20 point squadron 😄

Its just more hammer swatting a mosquito... You should be hitting ships with those hits.

On 4/25/2020 at 12:02 PM, Drasnighta said:

You should be hitting ships with those hits.

It's completely situational.

2 hours ago, eliteone said:

It's completely situational.

I'm not denying it. I'm only questioning the inherent wisdom of setting up for such a situational expectation.