ION Radio Episode 13: Ackbar vs Sloane

By Fraggle_Rock, in Star Wars: Armada Battle Reports

New Armada battle today! John uses Sloane to try out "Reserve Hanger Deck." Ken uses Ackbar and a swarm of Z-95 Headhunters.

Ackbar's been about as useful as in Ep8 😁

great video, anyhow, give us more!

Edited by gounour
57 minutes ago, gounour said:

Ackbar's been about as useful as in Ep8 😁

great video, anyhow, give us more!

Thanks, gounour - we appreciate it. John and I are working on a few ideas for Armada content to keep the channel fresh and everyone else receiving fun Armada battles!

I just binged your RiR campaign videos yesterday, great fun

If I may, two generic tactical hints to Ken 🤓

-fly united! you are being repeatedly picked up one ship at a time. Plan your moves so that your arcs are overlapping potential fire zones one or two turns ahead

-you're reacting far too much to John decisions, so you're at least one move behind and get killed.

-don't be overeager! learn to flight slow, force your opponent to come get you. He's doing it with much gusto, flying "0" then pouncing at you when your ships can't help each others

well that's three of it, but I never pretended to know my numbers, did I? 😜

21 hours ago, gounour said:

I just binged your RiR campaign videos yesterday, great fun

If I may, two generic tactical hints to Ken 🤓

-fly united! you are being repeatedly picked up one ship at a time. Plan your moves so that your arcs are overlapping potential fire zones one or two turns ahead

-you're reacting far too much to John decisions, so you're at least one move behind and get killed.

-don't be overeager! learn to flight slow, force your opponent to come get you. He's doing it with much gusto, flying "0" then pouncing at you when your ships can't help each others

well that's three of it, but I never pretended to know my numbers, did I? 😜

Much appreciated gounour. Outside of 2 other off-camera games and our first 3 SSD videos, these were the first games of Armada I had played in about 2 years. I feel that I've learned quite a bit (especially with tons of new upgrades, commanders and ships) and am eager to get our 2nd RitR campaign started.