Caged Birds

By Magnus Grendel, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

14 hours ago, phillos said:

It's easy to be a paragon of virtue when you remove yourself from the majority of the struggles in your society.

To be acutely honest here, Toturi was involved in more crap of ambiguous ethical and moral standards in the last few months than most Rokugani samurai in their entire lifetime. I said this in another topic, but Toturi of all people not being able to adapt to yet-another situation change is suspicious at the very least.

And you know what, considering that Kachiko's character development here is pretty good, I say we have another sign that something is terribly wrong with Toturi.

15 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

I imagine the Prince's fate was left open until toturi's decision was resolved (If he'd "gone to the monastery" I imagine he'd have run into Sotorii), and Kuwanan's buggered off, so Hitomi appears to be the only person still looking for him.

I have zero recollection of the timeline for when the Toturi decision was made vs. when the story of Kuwanan's ambush went live, but remember that the workflow for the fictions runs *many* months in advance. Often six or more. So while in this instance it might be possible (like I said, I don't remember the timeline), I've more than once seen people speculating about the overall story on the assumption that the Story Team + freelancers are pulling off very rapid turnarounds, which is rarely the case.

2 hours ago, Kinzen said:

I have zero recollection of the timeline for when the Toturi decision was made vs. when the story of Kuwanan's ambush went live, but remember that the workflow for the fictions runs *many* months in advance. Often six or more. So while in this instance it might be possible (like I said, I don't remember the timeline), I've more than once seen people speculating about the overall story on the assumption that the Story Team + freelancers are pulling off very rapid turnarounds, which is rarely the case.

The story came out just after the inital announcement of the choices. I remember because it was one of the main reasons some Lion were pushing for Toturi goes to the monastery because odds were high he would stumble across Sotorii in the process.

6 hours ago, Schmoozies said:

The story came out just after the inital announcement of the choices. I remember because it was one of the main reasons some Lion were pushing for Toturi goes to the monastery because odds were high he would stumble across Sotorii in the process.

Exactly, and - at least as far as Sotorii and Daisetsu were concerned, that's where things were left.

Which would be correct if any follow-on stories fearuring them weren't commissioned until the choice was made (i.e. when the Toturi/Ishikawa stories were presumably given the go-ahead).