The One Ring from Shadow in the East and LotR Saga

By steve83, in Rules questions & answers

The deluxe boxes are starting to come back into stock in the UK, and I was thinking of getting Shadow in the East. I have the complete LotR Saga boxes, which I am currently working my way through during the lockdown.

Can the event cards from SitE that target The One Ring be used in the LotR Saga quests?

And can the Fellowship Contract also be used in the LotR Saga?

(The manual for SitE doesn't appear to be available on FFG's website, so I couldn't check that.)

Thanks!

Edited by steve83
27 minutes ago, steve83 said:

The deluxe boxes are starting to come back into stock in the UK, and I was thinking of getting Shadow in the East. I have the complete LotR Saga boxes, which I am currently working my way through during the lockdown.

Can the event cards from SitE that target The One Ring be used in the LotR Saga quests?

And can the Fellowship Contract also be used in the LotR Saga?

(The manual for SitE doesn't appear to be available on FFG's website, so I couldn't check that.)

Thanks!

Unfortunately no. Master cards can't be used in the Saga campaigns. It mentions it right in the rule book which you can read over on Hall of Beorn here... http://hallofbeorn.com/LotR/Scenarios/The-River-Running

EDIT: Page 3

Edited by stimpaksam

Dang!

What about the Fellowship Contract?

Contracts can be used

4 minutes ago, steve83 said:

Dang!

What about the Fellowship Contract?

Contracts are fine to use. I think the Fellowship one in particular was made with the sagas in mind.

Great, thanks!

If Khazad-dum comes in stock first I'm definitely getting that, but I'd like to use the Fellowship Contract and the Merry and Pippin allies from SitE while playing the Saga Campaign, so may get SitE as well.

Edited by steve83

Woot! Just managed to snag a copy of Khazad-dum from Thirsty Meeples. Unfortunately they didn't have Shadow in the East, otherwise I'd have saved myself some money on shipping.

Edited by steve83