Upgrade through Amazon delayed again

By JCHendee, in Talisman

Just a quick notice to all. If you're like me and have to order online, I just got a 2nd notice from Amazon (who sells the Upgrade plus S&H for $20 USD). There was yet another delay in getting stock from FFG. Earliest estimate delivery was Jan. 20th 2009 (I pre-order on Nov. 4th). If you've ordered through a purely online venue, better consider other options... or at least order through a known game distributor with online service.

I can only assume that it's the same for the Full Edition as well. Both still state that they are arriving on December 17th, but you can still "pre-order" them.

Sucks for Amazon orders.

In a related note, Games Paradise are still waiting for their stock also...

Ordering gaming stuff from amazon can really suck. Since they don't specialize in gaming stuff, and often their gaming products are actually sent out by a third party, it can take quite some time to get something that isn't a D&D book. You are probably better off just canceling the order and ordering through a retailer either brick and morter or online.

Unless amazon was offering some insane discount, then maybe you should wait.

I preordered full game via Amzaon in October for £25 had an estimate delivery of the 24th December but just got e-mail saying it would be delyaed now waiting for a new estimate delivery date.

Cancel your amazon order and go to a site called Games Lore Ltd. They are stocking the revised edition. They had them from the 10th Dec. I ordered mine on the 11th on next day delivery and it came on the 12th.

Just waiting now for the Reaper expansion. They say they should have this next week or week after. Can't wait.

Thanks for all the input and shares. I ordered Amazon (not 3rd party) because the price was better than anywhere else: $20 USD w/ S&H can't be beat. I canceled and reorder via Amazon through a third party: price $25 with S&H, so not too bad. I found most private sites climbing towards $30 USD w/ S&H, which is 3/5 the price I paid for the Talisman 4th unrevised. That's too much, considering its a correction pack, not a true upgrade.

For those interested and still needing a USA online order up, you might try looking at Amazon again for one or more third party sources as an option.