Rebel MSU?

By ljal1976, in Star Wars: Armada Fleet Builds

Hallo,

I would like to ask of your opinion if MSU is viable in time of ship countrrattack?

4xCR90 TRC and Riekaan

2x scout hammer and TFO

2xtorp hammer TFO and Ext racks

Scouts and torp using TFO of each other in long and close distance

Suicide hammers and flanking with punch cr90?

Thx

I could see this working.

I have run fleets like this with good success. I went for only 2 TRC 90s and an Admonition for 7 ships. Having one big hitter in a list lets you really benefit to last/first a chunky target after the red dice have softened it up a bit or just strip the shields with ACMs and zoom off leaving the victim to drift into the E-Rax of the hammerheads.

Rieekan is great. Green squadron, Gold squadron and/or Tycho make good squadron blockers assuming no Intel. One flotilla in place of a hammerhead should free up enough points. Remember to keep these squadrons on obstacles until you need them to lock things down. If they have Intel split up and pin two blobs in a way that Intel can't make both your squads heavy. He sends Intel to one and tries to kill the other when Rieekan steps in to make one Zombie.

i have also tried the 7 ship build with commander Leia and just concentrate fire a lot getting rerolls added for free or double speed changes.

What about a Sato fleet with a couple scatter aces, an MC30 and four hammerhead torpedoes with Ex racks that could potentially each throw 5 black dice from the front?

5 hours ago, Mj10982 said:

What about a Sato fleet with a couple scatter aces, an MC30 and four hammerhead torpedoes with Ex racks that could potentially each throw 5 black dice from the front?

Sato has a fine balance with 75-100 points of squadrons required. Less than this and your fighters are killed too early. More than 100 points and you don't have the ship firepower to make use of Sato's bonus effectively and should probably switch to a pure bomber admiral like Rieekan or Doddonna.

Having said this your example of mc30, 4 hammerheads and a flotilla to control Shara/Tycho comes in at around 330 points depending on upgrades, so adding some rogue YT2400s and a HWK for Intel seems reasonable. Do E-Rax hammerheads benefit a lot from Sato? For one turn certainly but they are fragile and it isn't like the hammerheads are getting long range ACMs and may never get a second shot.

i like Sato but he is finely balanced and a little situational. He loves Tycho, MC75s, MC30s and Salvation. Even the combat flotillas can benefit from 2 black dice when he is around. BTW at 800 points he can be a monster at long range.

5 hours ago, Mad Cat said:

Sato has a fine balance with 75-100 points of squadrons required. Less than this and your fighters are killed too early. More than 100 points and you don't have the ship firepower to make use of Sato's bonus effectively and should probably switch to a pure bomber admiral like Rieekan or Doddonna.

Having said this your example of mc30, 4 hammerheads and a flotilla to control Shara/Tycho comes in at around 330 points depending on upgrades, so adding some rogue YT2400s and a HWK for Intel seems reasonable. Do E-Rax hammerheads benefit a lot from Sato? For one turn certainly but they are fragile and it isn't like the hammerheads are getting long range ACMs and may never get a second shot.

i like Sato but he is finely balanced and a little situational. He loves Tycho, MC75s, MC30s and Salvation. Even the combat flotillas can benefit from 2 black dice when he is around. BTW at 800 points he can be a monster at long range.

I ran a fun Sato fleet in a battle at the weekend. MC75, AFMk2, Hammerhead. I was pleased with the long-range damage consistency of the AFMk2. At long range it can command the squads I brought, throw 2 black and a red (all 3 rerollable with OE and LTT), and evade an incoming attack.

This is 386 total.

Hammerhead

Author: mj10982

Faction: Rebels

Commander: Commander Sato

Assault Objective: None

Defense Objective: None

Navigation Objective: None

Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette (36)

- Hondo Ohnaka (2)

- External Racks (3)

- Ordnance Experts (4)