Fellowship 1-4 Player Gamemat

By wernerkellens, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

Hello

I’ve bought this gamemat but how can you play with four players on this mat? Attached is a picture while playing solo with two decks.

Thanks

1D7F1D95-A84E-4E30-843D-A105E9075996.jpeg

you can't lol

same as their "4-player" mat for Marvel Champions recently released, there is no way you can fit 4 players on it. But, i still consider them great mats for solo players, because I love the spaces for encounter deck, etc.

10 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

you can't lol

same as their "4-player" mat for Marvel Champions recently released, there is no way you can fit 4 players on it. But, i still consider them great mats for solo players, because I love the spaces for encounter deck, etc.

Yes that’s correct, perfect for solo and I think also for two players

Wow, I assumed this was much larger, and even then I figured it was useless for 4-Player since one whole edge is dedicated to the Encounter Deck (rather than the center).

The best mat for multiplayer is the 3'x3' mat made by FFG for Journeys in Middle-Earth (below, $40 usd). Though I think the LotR LCG is best at 3-Player, since you can stage the encounter deck at the "top" of the mat/table and the players can then each sit at one of the three open edges. Once you get to 4 Player, you pretty much need a wargame-sized table so that you can stage the encounter deck in the middle, between all the players's play space.

jme02_main.png

12 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

you can't lol

Yes that’s correct, perfect for solo and I think also for two players

45 minutes ago, EBerling said:

Wow, I assumed this was much larger, and even then I figured it was useless for 4-Player since one whole edge is dedicated to the Encounter Deck (rather than the center).

The best mat for multiplayer is the 3'x3' mat made by FFG for Journeys in Middle-Earth (below, $40 usd). Though I think the LotR LCG is best at 3-Player, since you can stage the encounter deck at the "top" of the mat/table and the players can then each sit at one of the three open edges. Once you get to 4 Player, you pretty much need a wargame-sized table so that you can stage the encounter deck in the middle, between all the players's play space.

jme02_main.png

Correct I also have this mat and I love it!

Maybe the idea is that this is the central encounter deck mat, and then each player brings their own individual player deck mat?

5 hours ago, Kjeld said:

Maybe the idea is that this is the central encounter deck mat, and then each player brings their own individual player deck mat?

That's the only way it makes sense to me

We use it as the staging area and one player on an edge uses it for their mat. Then have the smaller mats for each other player. Even in 2 player we have two smaller mats off to each side to make room for spread onto this mat and heavy staging areas. I find the 1-4 player perfect for solo, ok for 2 and otherwise a staging area. The JIME mat is the one to get if you just want one mat but I think FFG intentionally released this smaller so that you want to pick up more of their mats haha.

5 hours ago, player3351457 said:

That's the only way it makes sense to me

Possible 🤔

18 hours ago, wernerkellens said:

Possible 🤔

I play with the mat plus the 2 player starter one and that's usually barely enough room for 3 people.

I always just use that as the staging area and everything related to the quest itself. You would need an absolutely huge mat to accommodate a quest and four players play areas

Thanks everybody