Has anyone made the Inquisitors, Purge Troopers, Castle Vader, and Fortress Inquisitorious?

By ArcticJedi, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

So I was thinking of having my players run into Purge Troopers in the campaign I've been preparing, so I was wondering if anyone had stats for Purge Troopers and the Inquisitors. And I was also looking for a Castle Vader layout and a Fortress Inquisitorious map I could use. I'm brand new to the game, and I only have the Starter Kit, the Core Rulebook, and the Game Masters Kit should be arriving any day now. Cross posted from the Age of Rebellion forums

This was discussed a while back :

I too am in need of some Purge Trooper stats in a couple of months' time, preferably a rival level badie 🙂

Are you on the unofficial SWRPG Discord? Someone there made adversary cards for them. I dont have a link handy but ask there and you'll get them.

Please do share the link if it shows up 🙂

6 hours ago, Stan Fresh said:

Are you on the unofficial SWRPG Discord? Someone there made adversary cards for them. I dont have a link handy but ask there and you'll get them.

Thanks! Could you post a link to the discord?

3 minutes ago, ArcticJedi said:

Thanks! Could you post a link to the discord?

https://discord.gg/9n5cTr

Here you go

Thanks!

On 4/20/2020 at 1:04 PM, Stan Fresh said:

Can I get the invite too please? Its expired

Or even better, could someone post a write-up here? 😄

3 hours ago, JamesHawkins1993 said:

Can I get the invite too please? Its expired

https://discord.gg/5WGXff

7 hours ago, angelman2 said:

Or even better, could someone post a write-up here? 😄

From some project I started and then also abandoned the week after Fallen Order was released:

Purge Trooper (Rival)

The final generation of clone soldiers produced from Jango Fett’s DNA template, the Purge troopers were activated after Order 66 and served the Empire as dedicated Jedi hunting troops. Far more competent and better equipped than standard stormtroopers and trained with unorthodox equipment including electro-nets and melee weapons, Purge troopers were often assigned to aid Inquisitors in pursuit of Jedi or to defend facilities that either contained or were at risk of being attacked by rogue force-users.

Soak: 5, Wounds: 14, M/R Defence: 1/1

Brawn: 3, Agility: 3, Intellect: 2, Cunning: 3, Willpower: 3, Presence: 1

Skills: Athletics 2, Discipline 3, Melee 3, Ranged (Heavy) 3, Vigilance 1

Talents: Adversary 1 (upgrade difficulty of all combat checks against this target once)

Abilities: Clone Inhibitor Chip (so long as the proper chain of command is observed, upgrade the ability of Leadership checks targeting the purge trooper once)

Equipment: DC-15 Blaster Rifle (Ranged [Heavy]; Damage 10; Critical 3; Range [Long]; Pierce 1, Stun setting) or Electrostaff (Melee; Damage 7; Critical 3; Range [Engaged]; Cortosis, Cumbersome 3, Linked 1, Stun setting, Unwieldy 3) or dual Electrobatons (Melee; Damage 5; Critical 3; Range [Engaged]; Cortosis, Defensive 1, Linked 1, Stun setting), purge trooper armor (+2 soak, +1 defense), utility belt, extra reload

Rules for making Inquisitors are in the Force and Destiny core rulebook, page 419. Second Sister would use the 'Mastermind' archetype and Ninth Sister would use the 'Brute' archetype in my mind. I'd be almost tempted to help out with the floorplan for Fortress Inquisitorius but since you can't replay Nur on Fallen Order and I really can not be bothered re-running through that game to that point you'll have to make do.

Edited by BipolarJuice
1 hour ago, BipolarJuice said:

From some project I started and then also abandoned the week after Fallen Order was released:

Purge Trooper (Rival)

The final generation of clone soldiers produced from Jango Fett’s DNA template, the Purge troopers were activated after Order 66 and served the Empire as dedicated Jedi hunting troops. Far more competent and better equipped than standard stormtroopers and trained with unorthodox equipment including electro-nets and melee weapons, Purge troopers were often assigned to aid Inquisitors in pursuit of Jedi or to defend facilities that either contained or were at risk of being attacked by rogue force-users.

Soak: 5, Wounds: 14, M/R Defence: 1/1

Brawn: 3, Agility: 3, Intellect: 2, Cunning: 3, Willpower: 3, Presence: 1

Skills: Athletics 2, Discipline 3, Melee 3, Ranged (Heavy) 3, Vigilance 1

Talents: Adversary 1 (upgrade difficulty of all combat checks against this target once)

Abilities: Clone Inhibitor Chip (so long as the proper chain of command is observed, upgrade the ability of Leadership checks targeting the purge trooper once)

Equipment: DC-15 Blaster Rifle (Ranged [Heavy]; Damage 10; Critical 3; Range [Long]; Pierce 1, Stun setting) or Electrostaff (Melee; Damage 7; Critical 3; Range [Engaged]; Cortosis, Cumbersome 3, Linked 1, Stun setting, Unwieldy 3) or dual Electrobatons (Melee; Damage 5; Critical 3; Range [Engaged]; Cortosis, Defensive 1, Linked 1, Stun setting), purge trooper armor (+2 soak, +1 defense), utility belt, extra reload

Rules for making Inquisitors are in the Force and Destiny core rulebook, page 419. Second Sister would use the 'Mastermind' archetype and Ninth Sister would use the 'Brute' archetype in my mind. I'd be almost tempted to help out with the floorplan for Fortress Inquisitorius but since you can't replay Nur on Fallen Order and I really can not be bothered re-running through that game to that point you'll have to make do.

Thanks! This looks perfect for my use. I need a tough adversary that my nearly fresh emergent Force user character can defeat in a tough fight. This is exactly the level I'm looking at (the others I found online were way overpowered, and Nemesises too). 👍

I used the Death Troopers from Dawn of Rebellion increassed Brawn and Will to 4, dropped INT and Cunning to 2, changed out equipment and added Cortosis to the armor after a consult with my friends that also GM. One should be sufficient to keep the jedi-wannabes in my party occupied.

And the verdict is: They're dangerous. a little too dangerous, as after my other gm friends looked at it, we threw Marry 2 on there, and it was largely overkill, I'd recommend either Parry 3 and no Cortosis armor, or just the armor and no cortosis, I think Parry and having them burn Strain fits the source material fairly well.

3 hours ago, Kaytarn said:

And the verdict is: They're dangerous. a little too dangerous, as after my other gm friends looked at it, we threw Marry 2 on there, and it was largely overkill, I'd recommend either Parry 3 and no Cortosis armor, or just the armor and no cortosis, I think Parry and having them burn Strain fits the source material fairly well.

Hol' up. I never gave them Cortosis armor. Adding parry is still a good idea though.

EDIT: Feel really stupid now. Anyway, Brawn 4 is a huge step up from Brawn 3. That's extra soak (which means even more when coupled with an Armor with the Cortosis characteristic), extra damage and a higher chance to hit. If you use the death trooper profile, I'd keep the Brawn at 3.

Edited by BipolarJuice
7 minutes ago, BipolarJuice said:

Hol' up. I never gave them Cortosis armor. Adding parry is still a good idea though.

He meant his death troopers mod version

Yeah this is a work in progress, but as what they are, the party will now be terrified of them should they turn up again, though when they do the next one will be slightly weaker as PT-187 nearly wrecked the parties two Jedi wannabes.

My modification to the Purge Troopers is that it's the Sergeants and higher ranks that are dangerous Jedi Hunters, the rank and file are just black armored Storm Troopers, mostly for the visual of a black clad Inquisitor flanked by a squadron of black armored stormies when the Inquisitors hunting the party finally catch scent of them (again for one, and for the first time for another)

On 4/20/2020 at 5:35 PM, Stan Fresh said:

Is this unofficial discord still running? If so can I please get an invite?

On 8/8/2020 at 2:32 AM, Blue Nova said:

Is this unofficial discord still running? If so can I please get an invite?

oh yeah it's quite active, except for a bit of a lull during American sleepytimes every day :)

https://discord.gg/hMCqgZ

Dumb question: which Purge Troopers? There a few units that go by that name so I would like to know the source.

5 hours ago, Lord Dust said:

Dumb question: which Purge Troopers? There a few units that go by that name so I would like to know the source.

The Purge Troopers from Jedi: Fallen Order.

Thank you.

On 8/10/2020 at 12:41 AM, Stan Fresh said:

oh yeah it's quite active, except for a bit of a lull during American sleepytimes every day :)

https://discord.gg/hMCqgZ

Bah since I am in a different time zone I missed the invite. Sigh

4 hours ago, Blue Nova said:

Bah since I am in a different time zone I missed the invite. Sigh

I honestly have little knowledge of Discord. Can't you just search for the server name on the Discord site/app? It's Star Wars RPG (FFG).