Acrin's Terrain (Mygeeto Bridge)

By Acrin, in Terrain Building

Hi all!

I built this terrain a few months ago, but I figured I'd put it here and include up a link to the tutorial I wrote today:

https://www.craftthegalaxy.com/post/from-wine-bottles-to-geonosian-spires

This is the first big terrain piece build I've done for Legion, and I definitely learned a lot in the process, but I think it's a pretty easy way to get some decent looking stuff on the board, especially for new terrain builders! It's definitely better than grabbing whatever is in the cabinet (pic at bottom of post, lol).

3ut8urC.jpg

h6Itq3K.jpg

jrkGmhv.jpg

KFR8EpK.jpg

0h9ac9I.jpg

And here is what my roommate and my first board looked like. Gotta say, those candlesticks were pretty dope.

sq4JjVL.jpg

There's a bit of a difference between that battlefield and this one, I think.

RIBCsWp.jpg

Peace,

Philip

Edited by Acrin

The images in your post don’t work (at least not for me- anyone else have the same problem?), though the article was great! The terrain looks fantastic, and I also love the Geonosian carving/figure in the rock. Nicely done!

1 hour ago, Herowannabe said:

The images in your post don’t work (at least not for me- anyone else have the same problem?), though the article was great! The terrain looks fantastic, and I also love the Geonosian carving/figure in the rock. Nicely done!

Thanks! I'm really happy with how it all turned out.

The images were directly linking from my blog, so I've replaced them with imgur links, and added a pic I found of a recent game my roommate and I played. Is it fixed?

3 hours ago, Acrin said:

Thanks! I'm really happy with how it all turned out.

The images were directly linking from my blog, so I've replaced them with imgur links, and added a pic I found of a recent game my roommate and I played. Is it fixed?

Yep! Thanks

Looking good

Nice job. I'm gonna have to get off my rear end and finish my Geonosis table.

Also let me plug PVA and play sand for texture. It works really well and looks great. Another cost effective option is to get housepaint and thin it down so its paint thinned with a water/pva mix. That helps it maintain the texture while creating a 'shell' that will seal the play sand in place.

Edited by flightmaster101

Hey all! Here's the beginning of my Mygeeto terrain pieces! Been wanting to start this build for a while.

Check out the tutorial and some more pics for the build here, we'll talking about painting it soon.

https://www.craftthegalaxy.com/post/amongst-the-ruins-mygeeto-build-part-one

LB1YyIv.jpg

2i0GxPw.jpg

8KJPAHr.jpg

Here's a preview of what it'll look like painted:

Wwp0HSi.jpg

Well, it looks most impressive so far! Looking forward to seeing more. 🙂

Looking forward to how this will progress!

Well, instead of finishing up these buildings, I went for the big one, the bridges on Mygeeto. It's the single biggest piece I've done, and I learned a lot from this build.

If you wanna see my process for building it you can find that here: https://www.craftthegalaxy.com/post/crossing-the-bridge-mygeeto-build-part-three

w9oYCN6.jpg

MKpwHLE.jpg Fz7oVL1.jpg NX0ehmH.jpg fGCwo2x.jpg

Peace,

Phil

Edited by Acrin

I always thought an urban map would be awesome for these types of games, It would give a reason for the climbing gear, ascension cables, etc. to be used.