Storing the adventure packs-rules

By JacobSerruys, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

Hello everyone,

This is maybe a bizarre question, but I'm looking for a good way to store the Adventure packs-rules. I keep the cards in a box, but I want to keep the rules safe in a folder. That way I can throw away the plastic packs.

I first thought to laminate the rules and then punch holes in it to keep it in a folder. But the problem is that the size of the rules sheets is a bit larger than the standard A4-size :(

Do you have any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Jacob

8 minutes ago, JonG said:

I was also considering A3-folders, but the rules-sheets are like 1cm larger than standard A4, so in A3-folders they would almost swim in it :)

You'll want to prevent laminating, as some sheets fold out to A3 size (usually the ones with FFG created heroes, giving them some backstory).

I store mine in 2 folders where they can easily be looked up in case I need them, though that generally means looking up the narrative, as the rules are all on the quest companion.
Got the folders at a local store, so I won't be able to share a link to them unfortunately.
30698161_1744646532280957_2101088728368807936_n

And I was gonna directly 3 hole punch the paper

I used a 3-hole punch and binder to store all my rules, but I'm in America and don't have to worry about the size not fitting my binder. Just punching them consistently, which doesn't always happen.

I just use something like this:
https://www.staples.com/Avery-Big-Tab-Two-Pocket-Insertable-Plastic-Divider-8-Tabs-Set-11907/product_476883

72782-11907-p07p

Each cycle get a folder with a tab, then each of those folders holds the Deluxe Book in one pocket and the six AP inserts in the other pocket. It means you have to pull the particular insert for your quest out of the folder to refer to it, but it's a relatively cheap and space efficient way to hold all 63 reference documents. With 9 Cycles, though, you'll want to make sure you have enough folders whereas often these are packaged with only 8, especially if you also want to store Saga, PoD, and the Custom Scenario-building kits.

Edited by EBerling

Similar topic; Has someone experience with ironing the paper (to get the folding out)?

For my storage; it happend that I had somewhat like https://www.amazon.com/-/de/dp/B001HA6N44/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=clear+plastic+wallet&qid=1587707646&s=office-products&sr=1-1 at home which is a bit larger than A4, so the first few rule sheets fit in very well. Because I did not investigate further, all my rules are still in there. On the plus side; it's very compact storage.

Edit: Can anyone name the paper size format which the rule sheets do have?

Edited by Flrbb
added question at the end

Paper format used for rule sheets is US Letter.

I still have an original core set box which is deeper than the newer ones. Therefore, I store all my player cards side on in 3 rows. With dividers for each type of card by sphere. Then each type is alphabetical.

All of my quest cards are then stored in little clear bags that press shut at the top. (Most of them are from Swan sleeves packets, or packets from FFG that held cards like in the x-wing game. Basically any plastic game bag as long as it's not too big). Each quest is stored in its own bag. If I have the nightmare version, then that goes in the same bag as the quest; with the nightmare pack cover showing as the first card. That way you can store the whole of a cycle and the folded rules sheets into the corresponding deluxe box.

They sit on my book shelf side on in order.

The first cycle and all the standalone quests fit into one of the smaller core set boxes. And the whole of a saga (by book) fits into one of the deluxes. I.e. I keep the Black Rider and Road Darkens in the Road Darkens box and so on for all of the sagas.

That way I don't need folders for cards or rules I can grab the core box for all my player cards and the deluxe box of the cycle I want to play and every thing is there together.

This is why I prefer the deluxe box over the arkham horror deluxe box which are flimsy. Glad they finally bought out the return to boxes.

Edited by asgardianphil
Silly mistakes

Although I have all of the cycles, I dont have all of the nightmare packs. However, The Grey Havens is the only cycle where I do have all of the nightmare packs. And it all fits in the Grey Havens deluxe box, bagged separately, with the rules as folded by the manufacturer and picture inserts from the packs.

All of my cards are stored unsleeved and I sleeve the deck I am using and unsleeve it afterwards.