Anyone figure out how to play remotely yet?

By docForsaken, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Anyone playing JIME remotely? Like sharing an app or something? Seems like it could be a great time to campaign if you could overcome the social distancing

Every player need his deck and maybe damage and horror decks, but at least their own decks and cards for updates. So a little bit har in that sentence. One common board is enough. Camera that shows where enemies and tokens are.

If every one has its own copy, it is ok game to try.

Tabletop Simulator would probably work. I haven't tested it with JiME personally, but it works with exceptionally well with card games.

If you don't want to go that route, assuming everyone involved owns a copy of the game, one person could manage the board and the app and just hang a webcam over it, while everyone manages their own skills decks. I used to do this with Mansions of Madness and Arkham Horror 2E rather frequently. It definitely slows down the game considerably, but it's better than nothing.

My friend lives 12000 KM away. We both own the game and one of us start the JiME App and share the screen with free screen sharing software like Any Time or Team Viewer. The other casts the received screen to the television. We use a messenger like Whats App or Telegram for talking to each other. Sometimes we shoot a photo of a character situation and send it to the messenger. The person who is sharing the screen can also switch to the messenger and show the photo on both screens. The game is as intense as if we playing together in one room.

I have been doing this with three other people. I have a zoom meeting, with a phone pointing at the table top. Every player keeps track of their own skill deck (via mapping to poker cards with images of the originals) and I keep track of everyone's fear and damage.

It has been working pretty well.

With Google Hangouts and each person having a copy Share Screen works really well for the app. The app “host” ideally has a second machine so he can join with that so folks can see their face...