Force Powers and Creatures?

By R3-X4, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

I am running a game online for my son and his 3rd grade classmates. It's fun and cute, and has surprised me in good ways. So one thing that a few of them have expressed a desire for is pets. Outside of teh Seeker: Pathfinder tree in teh core book, are there any rules and the other supplments to support this? On a related note, how would you folks quantify stuff like Ezra and Kanan reaching out to the Fyrnocks in Rebels?

There's also the Hermit spec, which is similar, and the Seeker career book has general advice and rules on mounts, domestication, and wilderness adventures.

Look at the Sense and Influence powers, they work on animals, too. And the Alter power lets you shape the environment.

As far as forming a bond with a creature, there's just the Hermit spec (from Savage Spirits), with the book having additional rules on animal companions (bonded and otherwise) as well.

As for Force powers, Stan Fresh is pretty much on the money, with things like Sense (detecting an animal's mood) and Influence (getting them to do something you want) being the main tools. Battle Meditation is also a possibility with regards to "directing" various animals in a fight.

Never underestimate the adorableness of a droid companion. Star Wars is rife with it. Even for Jedi.