Dune

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

I love Denis Villeneuve's work and I like Frank Herbert’s novel well enough. I liked David Lynch's film as well, but the miniseries back in 2000 was the superior adaptation. I'm interested to see how breaking it up into two parts will work, as I'm not sure even 6 hours will be enough time to really get it right.

My only minor worry is Timothée Chalamet as Paul Atreides. Something about his look in the stills doesn't quite fit for me, I'm not sure what. I want to see him in a trailer though.

aeaccq8jnts41.jpg

New Dune pic looks like Emperor Vitiate.

nice catch by GrizzlyFett

The stillsuits look great. Love the Atriedes looking like they're strong fighters, something I think previous adaptations didn't do as well with. Zendaya fits well here. This has got me hyped, but I'm trying not be as hyped as my hype has gotten about other things, because I really want to be impressed with this film.

Looks promising, I want this to be good and it's on the right track.

Edited by McFoy
got memed
5 hours ago, McFoy said:

Looks promising, I want this to be good and it's on the right track. The bit with Chani going barefoot is beyond stupid though.

Was that in a different article? I can't find anything about that in this one. But it could be in a vision Paul has of Chani, which could explain the anachronistic nature of it.

1 hour ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Was that in a different article? I can't find anything about that in this one. But it could be in a vision Paul has of Chani, which could explain the anachronistic nature of it.

Disregard that, I got duped by a friend trying to rile me up with a modified article.

I have read all the books of Dune, including prequels and sequels of Brian Herbert.

I hope Denis Villeneuve will do a good job at reproducing this universe. But is it an impossible wager ?

7 hours ago, Silver_leader said:

I have read all the books of Dune, including prequels and sequels of Brian Herbert.

I hope Denis Villeneuve will do a good job at reproducing this universe. But is it an impossible wager ?

Well, the pics look promising, and they are doing it as 2 movies, so I think there is a better chance than ever before.

10 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

Well, the pics look promising, and they are doing it as 2 movies, so I think there is a better chance than ever before.

Indeed.

The miniseries were not bad, but the acting was lacking a lot of talent, and the special effects were lame, expecially on the Dune part.

The Children of Dune miniseries was far better, with James McAvoy as Leto II. Alec Newman did also a better job as Paul.

I'm excited about this. The movie I like well enough due to nostalgia, loved the books. I couldn't get into the miniseries. It always, looked so small.. like it was done on a single sound stage.