Crucible Deck Plans?

By Johan Marek Phoenix Knight, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

Has anyone tried to figure out what the interior layout of the Crucible is (the Jedi training ship from Clone Wars)? I've recently started a new campaign and I plan on the PCs to get the Crucible as their ship later on, but I'm having a bit of difficulty with the interior layout.

Best I can figure, there are at least two levels: The main level where the docking hatches and escape pods are, and the narrow, upper level where the cockpit is. But is there a third, lower level where the cargo hold is, or is the cargo hold on the main level? Does that entry ramp go into the cargo hold, or into the hallways?

The episode of Clone Wars where they wander around the ship hasn't been super helpful because it mostly just shows a lot of running around hallways, without much frame of reference.

Crucible | Wookieepedia | Fandom

Edited by Johan Marek Phoenix Knight

II too would be interested in knowing this

Based on my adventures in deck-planning, I'd guess three levels: The main deck would be in the middle and would be the living quarters, training quarters, etc. The lower level would probably be a crawlspace/accessway of sorts (I think we see this in the episode?). The upper deck would be the command deck and appears to be fairly long, and I'm not entirely sure why it's that way or what would be in that space.

I doubt that the space goes much farther back than the docking rings, aside from possibly engine access.

I need to rewatch the episode, and then I'll see what I can cook up. No promises.

5 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Based on my adventures in deck-planning, I'd guess three levels: The main deck would be in the middle and would be the living quarters, training quarters, etc. The lower level would probably be a crawlspace/accessway of sorts (I think we see this in the episode?). The upper deck would be the command deck and appears to be fairly long, and I'm not entirely sure why it's that way or what would be in that space.

I doubt that the space goes much farther back than the docking rings, aside from possibly engine access.

I need to rewatch the episode, and then I'll see what I can cook up. No promises.

That would be awesome

I've been working on this, and I'll keep working on it, but I wanted to check in to say that Lucasfilm, anytime you plan to have movie/TV show stuff happening on board a ship, you need a general idea of what the inside of it looks like. Good grief, so many hallways . In future, please make deck plans for a ship before you use it in a show.

It is nearly impossible to get a good frame of reference for anything, and some stuff in the actual episode doesn't make a ton of sense (long hallway running back through an engine, for example, though this could be a matter of the actual engine being farther back, and having accessways for engineering).

Another thing that is quite difficult is guesstimating the size of things, such as rooms and hallways.

So, how much do you want this to be as close to the show as possible, vs. showing what we see in the show, but filling in the gaps and changing things as necessary? It certainly won't be a canon layout, but it'd be a matter of trying to fit what we know into something that makes sense.

I say err on the side of fun. Every ship in Star Wars is a bit of a TARDIS anyway.

Simple answer:
Its your game. Map out the interior however you like.

9 hours ago, LugWrench said:

Simple answer:
Its your game. Map out the interior however you like.

Some people are better at different things. There is no harm in asking if another more skilled at a task. Especially when it gives your players a better experience.

Edited by Daeglan
23 hours ago, Daeglan said:

Some people are better at different things. There is no harm in asking if another more skilled at a task. Especially when it gives your players a better experience.

I get that. Not trying to be harsh. I'm just saying that, If nothing else, he can whip up his own maps.

It ain't perfect, but here's what I've got so far. I need to go through and color it and label rooms and stuff, but the skeleton and most of the rooms are finished.

I currently have 3 empty rooms (marked with red arrows) and am looking for suggestions on what I should put there.

This is my first attempt at using Imgur, so please let me know if I screwed something up.

Current WIP: https://imgur.com/uENPX1C

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt
5 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

It ain't perfect, but here's what I've got so far. I need to go through and color it and label rooms and stuff, but the skeleton and most of the rooms are finished.

I currently have 3 empty rooms (marked with red arrows) and am looking for suggestions on what I should put there.

This is my first attempt at using Imgur, so please let me know if I screwed something up.

Current WIP: https://imgur.com/uENPX1C

looks pretty good. where is the lightsaber build room with Huang? and the cargo rooms?

1 minute ago, Daeglan said:

looks pretty good. where is the lightsaber build room with Huang? and the cargo rooms?

Center of the ship, off to the right a bit is the lightsaber build room, Huyang's storage, and his "personal space" which I assume would be droid charging point and more stuff.

The cargo room is at the nose of the ship (the rectangle in the middle is the cargo elevator, a bit of embellishment on my part).

Seems to me that hammerhead should have more stuff in it and the cargo bay should be bigger. Also look at the fluff for the ship. The fluff names some other stuff that should be in it and the hammerhead could be where that is

7 hours ago, Daeglan said:

Seems to me that hammerhead should have more stuff in it and the cargo bay should be bigger. Also look at the fluff for the ship. The fluff names some other stuff that should be in it and the hammerhead could be where that is

I'll take a look. Part of the reason I put less stuff in the hammerhead (aside from lack of ideas) was that it contains the landing gear. I guess I could pretty easily expand the cargo section though. Important to note for scale, the cargo bay is about 13-14 meters square. I will see what I can do about expanding it though, and I'll also check the fluff text.

7 hours ago, Daeglan said:

The fluff names some other stuff that should be in it and the hammerhead could be where that is

Where are you finding this fluff? Wookieepedia was entirely unhelpful in this situation.

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Where are you finding this fluff? Wookieepedia was entirely unhelpful in this situation.

Page 64 disciples of Harmony

Just now, Daeglan said:

Page 64 disciples of Harmony

Ah, I don't have that book. Would you mind putting up the key details for me?

Meanwhile, WIP 2: https://imgur.com/XtGGVz8

pilot engineer and 10 passengers.

WIP 3: https://imgur.com/QobSPdG

As of this point, I have filled in all but one of the rooms. The only room that is currently open is the trailing section of the upper deck. Any ideas on what should be there?

Passenger capacity is a bit larger than the book (12 instead of 10), but I don't think it's that much of an issue. I'll think about how I could rearrange things to make it fit.

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

WIP 3: https://imgur.com/QobSPdG

As of this point, I have filled in all but one of the rooms. The only room that is currently open is the trailing section of the upper deck. Any ideas on what should be there?

Passenger capacity is a bit larger than the book (12 instead of 10), but I don't think it's that much of an issue. I'll think about how I could rearrange things to make it fit.

How big is that area? Maybe storage? Library?

Give or take 16 meters by 6-7 meters.

I'd thought library, but wasn't sold on the idea, computers being a main reason. However, I haven't really put computers anywhere else on the ship, so maybe a hybrid library/computer room for studying purposes?

well for Jedi libraries include books and holocrons and computers

Edited by Daeglan
Just now, Daeglan said:

well for Jedi libraries include books and holocrons and co.puters

Fair enough, but the reason I mentioned computers is that it would render most "space books" moot, thus saving much in the way of physical storage. Just needed to shift my paradigm a bit.
Now to draw it out...

Any suggestions for the engine section of the ship? I left it open, figuring it would make sense for an engineering section (probably individual for each engine), but none of the room designs I came up with were doing it for me, which is why I left it blank to come back to it later.

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Fair enough, but the reason I mentioned computers is that it would render most "space books" moot, thus saving much in the way of physical storage. Just needed to shift my paradigm a bit.
Now to draw it out...

Any suggestions for the engine section of the ship? I left it open, figuring it would make sense for an engineering section (probably individual for each engine), but none of the room designs I came up with were doing it for me, which is why I left it blank to come back to it later.

I imagine there would be an access for repairs either above and bellow...or port and starboard...