Cybernetics, Bionic replacement and Bionic augmentations and implants

By kostyaf91, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hi guys,

Me and my friends will start WH40k at first.

We'll start from Dark Heresy 2.

My character will be:

Homeworld - Research station

Background - Adeptus Mechanicus

Role: Chirurgeon.

I got some questions to you guys.

What cybernetics I can use from beginning?

Can I take cybernetics one (or two) as "equip acolyte"?

Do I using from the beginning the "Replace the Weak Flesh" rule?

I really appreciate full answers (with all the descriptions, prerequisites, requirements and etc.) to understand really good the topic.

Thanks a lot guys!!

My understanding is that your base cybernetics are limited to the mechanicus Implants (Which you just get, no choice there) and then there's the choice of the servo-skull or optical mechadendrite. With the latter being a cybernetic and the former not a cybernetic. Both come from being Mechanicus.

For equip acolyte your initial gear choices can be any 3 items from the Armoury section of the book(Which includes cybernetics yay!). As part of this Replace the Weak Flesh should still apply and it's just a matter of what your influence score is as that determines how many items you can take. Guessing you already knew that but just in case figured I'd put it down.

If your GM doesnt like that you get cheap implants right off the bat point out that Replace the Weak Flesh applies to all cybernetics, and RaW (Rules as written) makes no mention of when they are acquired mattering. AKA regardless of if its character creation or late game the ability still applies.

Hope I helped!

Edited by OrtanHelios
Grammar and context