Keyforge

By bsmith23, in Genesys

Seems like this book may contain the key ( heh ) to running a superheroes game.

4 hours ago, Swordbreaker said:

Seems like this book may contain the key ( heh ) to running a superheroes game.

Absolutely. I'm the creator of the Tyrants & Tribunes superhero ruleset. I plan to use Secrets of the Crucible to finish that up. Species look interesting for sure, but I'm really interested in weapon & armor traits.

7 hours ago, BringBackForbiddenStars said:

Absolutely. I'm the creator of the Tyrants & Tribunes superhero ruleset. I plan to use Secrets of the Crucible to finish that up. Species look interesting for sure, but I'm really interested in weapon & armor traits.

Weapon traits are packages that modify a base weapon it uses mostly the know weapon qualities and ties it into a cool trait. Armors are more unique and not something we have seen before like for instance Flame-Wreathed or armor that can emit sedative gas many more stuff.

For supers the Æmber system should also be look at. It has powers like Dominate, Displacement, Flare, Forget or something weird like pocket dimension and again many more. Only thing you need to tweak on the Æmber system is the ressource cost. Most powers has a price in Æmber which in Keyforge can be found or bought so if used for another setting one would have to factor this in somehow or make it cost something else.