Keyforge

By bsmith23, in Genesys

Some one Facebook posted a picture of their Keyforge book, from somewhere Scandinavia, I think. Any other rumors or confirmations out there?

Edited by bsmith23

Unlikely. It's still listed as "In Production", with an updated release date of June, due to current circumstances.

"Link may be broken or page removed".

Regardless, I'm just going with what was announced. Asmodee is delaying all releases for several months. That is official.

If you're just seeing a pic of the "cover", I can get that pic from the Products section of the FFG site.

Now, the article does indicate that the release schedule delays may not be the same in Europe, so there is always the possibility that they were released there, but I feel that it's unlikely.

Just checked local game store here in Denmark. Its listed as in stock. Just ordered a copy hopefully it will arrive next week πŸ™‚

Book has arrived πŸ™‚

@bsmith23 there you go. Some people do have it.

50 minutes ago, Archellus said:

if you want to know more i did an overview on whats found in the book over on the reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/genesysrpg/comments/g3bp56/picked_up_keyforge_secret_of_the_crucible/

It looks like there is much content that can be used apart from Keyforge. Keyforge is no setting, I am overly interested in but the create species, equipment templates and all the additional talents sound like a very neat addition to Genesys. I envy you, here down in Germany, there is no Keyforge in sight. πŸ˜₯

5 minutes ago, DarthDude said:

It looks like there is much content that can be used apart from Keyforge. Keyforge is no setting, I am overly interested in but the create species, equipment templates and all the additional talents sound like a very neat addition to Genesys. I envy you, here down in Germany, there is no Keyforge in sight. πŸ˜₯

order it from here in Denmark many places that send to Germany πŸ™‚

Just now, Archellus said:

order it from here in Denmark many places that send to Germany πŸ™‚

Do you have a link by chance? ☺️

7 minutes ago, DarthDude said:

Do you have a link by chance? ☺️

ill PM you πŸ™‚

I've not been playing any Genesys of late, and the Keyforge setting really does not interest. But, this is likely the last official book in a long time. Maybe ever ,unless there have been announcements I haven't heard regarding FFG's RPG future. I guess I should buy this, just to complete the collection.

2 hours ago, TheSapient said:

I've not been playing any Genesys of late, and the Keyforge setting really does not interest. But, this is likely the last official book in a long time. Maybe ever ,unless there have been announcements I haven't heard regarding FFG's RPG future. I guess I should buy this, just to complete the collection.

I think there was news that Genesys development is being transferred to a European company owned by Asmodee.

Yup: https://edge-studio.net/

Edited by jackissocool

I've checked and Keyforge isn't available in the UK yet. At least not that I can find.

But I'm happy to wait. I've only just got the Expanded Players Guide and GM Screen, and I've not read the Android book yet despite having it for a while now, so the longer I have to wait the better the chance I'll be caught up on my reading.

Was able to order it in my neighbouring country Denmark. It is expected to arrive tomorrow. 😊

Beats me how scandinavia managed to have it in stock at this time, when no one else has. 😁

Keyforge arrived today, great addition to the Genesys library!

52 minutes ago, DarthDude said:

Might need a thorough analysis.

For, uh, proof.

12 hours ago, DarthDude said:

Congratz on the book πŸ˜€ i really like it some great New things in there.

I'm one of the people who have really been looking forward to this setting, and my brain is just itching for it! I hope Asmodee gets the distribution to the US set up before the June date they've given us.

To spill some info, I start with Species Creation, I absolutely love that part of the book which is subjected in 20 pages.

I try to be somewhat vague to prevent the post being removed. You start with 110 XP and go through a couple of tables with choices about the appearance and racial benefits/disadvantages. You can either customize your species or generate it randomly, which sounds like fun as well. On each table depending on your choice you add or subtract XP from your starting 110 XP (in case you customize, doesn't apply to random generation). You are allowed to go as low as 65 XP in this process.

1. You start with the form, which is rather cosmetic, like Bodiless, Humanoid, amorphous, etc. You do not spend/receive XP on this.

2. Next you choose the physiology, with choices like Floral, Gaseous, Insectoid, etc, they all come with mechanical impact on the species. For instance, incorporeal increases the difficulty od Brawn and Agility checks by 2, but also grants Willwpoer in addition to Brawn to Soak. And you can pass through solid material as long as your move does not end inside them. This may cost XP.

3. Silhoutte with ranges from 0 to 3 with an impact on woulnd threshholds and encumberance. This may cost XP.

4. Locomotion method, Ambulation, Flight, Rolling etc. Rolling for instance grants a free second maneuver without strain cost, as long as this maneuver is a move. This may cost XP.

5. Manipulation method, like Mental, Hands, Tentacles, etc. Tentacles, for instance, grant the ensnare 1 item quality on brawl/melee attacks. This may cost XP.

6. Dominant sense, like Thelepathy, Thermal, Visual, etc. For instance, themal deducts one black die due to darkness, smoke, etc. but adds one if the surrounding temperature is exceptionally high or low. This may cost XP.

7. Species features, well this is the longest table in the creation process (up to two features). It goes from Amphibuous, Digger to Luminescent, fast metabolism, fiery aura and the likes. It's a kind of general store of abilities which doesn't fit into the previous tables. Fiery aura grants a fire source rating 3 as in p. 111 of the CRB. This may cost XP.

8. Culture, like Spiritual, Competetive, Warlike, etc. For instance, competetive grants +1 to Cunning. This may cost XP.

9. Tech level, like Sophisticarted, Advanced, etc. which does not cost XP but basically grants you a rank in one skill (you can choose from 2). For instance, advance grants 1 rank in either charm or streetwise.

10. Starting experience, ranged from 70 to 100 XP, which is though only valid if you generated the species randomly.

11. The final table lists the Aspect of the creature, like Elegant, Begnin, Friendly, Nightmarish. This does not cost XP and is rather descriptive for narrative purposes.

Overall, this species creation method covers a lot aspects, I love it.

I gave the random generation a shot and this is what I came up with:

1. Humanoid

2. Mineral (+1 Brawn, -1 Agility)

3. Silhouette 1

4. Locomotion method: Ambulation (walking)

5. Manipulation Method: Pincers (1 setback die when fine manipulation is required but item quality vicious 1 on unarmed attacks)

6. Dominant sense: Auditory (hearing or echolocation, no setback die in darkness, etc but 1 setback die if in environment hampering soundwaves)

7. Species feature (I chose to roll 2): tireless (does not need to rest and does not get setback dice from exhaustion); desert dwelle (adapted to arid/hot environments, removes 1 setback die in such environments)

8. Culture: Scholary (+1 to intellect)

9. Tech level: advanced 1 rank in charm or streetwise

10. Starting XP: 90

11. Aspect: Monstrous

Meet the new species Crystal Cleaver :

Species Abilities:

Brawn Agility Intellect Cunning Willpower Presence

3 1 3 2 2 2

Starting wound Threshhold: 10 + Brawn

Starting strain Threshold: 10 + Willpower

Starting Experience: 90 XP

Starting Sklill: 1 rank in Charm

Tireless: does not need to rest and does not get setback dice from exhaustion

Desert Dweller: adapted to arid/hot environments, removes 1 setback die in such environments

Auditory: hearing or echolation, no setback die in darkness, etc but 1 setback die if in environment hampering soundwaves

Pincers (1 setback die when fine manipulation is required but item quality vicious 1 on unarmed attacks)

Vaguely looking like unshaply eyeless humanoids, composed of minerals in colors repulsive to most other species sights, these scholarly and resilient creatures radiate a serene charm nonetheless. Blind by nature, they perceive their surroundings by echolocation, emitting sound produced by vibrations not audible by most other creatures. Usually peaceful, these highly intelligent creatures can deal a nasty sting with its pincers if cornered. Living in an advanced society on the desert planet of Tootaine, this species of academics strives to gather new knowledge.

Edited by DarthDude

Thanks so much for this, DarthDude. Now I really need to get my hands on this book!

This is great, thanks! This species-creation system is something for everyone.