Ember Crown DLC: How to play on a tablet?

By Xadji, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Hello all,

Currently finishing Core set for the 3rd time (all Normal/Hard/Adventure versions) on my Android tablet and tried to download the Ember Crown DLC.

I purchased it from Steam and it took some time before i realised that (1) they do not support Android, (2) they neither support Windows XP which sadly my old PC runs on... I am about to ask for a refund for the €5 or so i paid (this is what their customer service suggests), but i bet there MUST be a way to make it work. After all there is a LOT of free time those €5 can buy...

Another funny thing is that for a couple of days and only AFTER I purchased the specific DLC on Steam, there appeared a €7.49 tag price on my New Game/Select Campaign screen. BEFORE purchasing the only message i got was "unavailable".

Can someone explain what might be going on? I don't mind paying the right price for the game, it's just a bit more complicated than expected...

Thanks!

X

Sadly with purchasing on Ste am, you'd have to use Steam to play the DLC. Android and Steam saves can be moved between the two systems, but that doesnt help with not being able to use Steam which is what you bought the DLC on. If this was the other way, running an Android system on a Windows computer isn't hard.

You're pretty much stuck unless you buy a new computer or Windows 10 Pro installed tablet. I also recommend getting a computer that is not Windows XP. That operating system is so out dated and vulnerable now it's not just a risk for that computer but other computers and devices on your network.

I bought a used Surface Pro to run the game with Steam for $150 on eBay. It's a much bigger screen to work with than my phone and can use an HDMI cable to mirror to a much larger screen [a TV] so everyone can see. On top of that, Steam has cloud saves whereas Android does not.

----

No idea what the 7.49 price tag is about.

Thanks Thaeggan,

yes, it's pretty clear to me that i 'm stuck with the Steam option and i may ask for a refund.

i do not intend to upgrade/change my old non-network connected PC just to play this expansion.

What i still cannot understand is the €7.49 price tag. One day it appears (on the visual of Ember Crown expansion) and the next day (today) it declares: "Unavailable". My intention was to play solo this game on the Android Tablet from the beginning.. much more comfortable

Should i contact Fantasy Flight directly?

Thanks for your ideas.

Xadji

to get a refund, you'd contact Steam because that is where you purchased it.

As far as the 7.49 price tag, that would be Fantasy Flight.

thanks Thaeggan

yes, i will contact Steam on the refund.

cannot locate the proper Fantasy Flight email in order to address my query to... any ideas?

thanks

20 minutes ago, Xadji said:

cannot locate the proper Fantasy Flight email in order to address my query to... any ideas?

I had trouble finding it too. Strange support information is not big and bold as part of the forums for each title game.

[email protected]

Finally managed to purchase directly from FF and get refunded by Steam.

Thanks for your help Thaeggan!