Demolition Tournament Reporting Thread

By Cael, in Star Wars: Armada Battle Reports

On 4/22/2020 at 3:10 AM, MandalorianMoose said:

@Bertie Wooster used his 283 point bid to take second and I chose his most wanted. The lone Arquitens was placed hiding behind some asteroids in the corner but the SSD was able to chase it down without overlapping any to take any crits. Ravager popped the gozanti end of turn 2 and put some damage into the Arq at long range and then finished it off top of turn 3 with a medium range shot. SSD takes no damage cards.

283pt bid! Not funny for poor Mr Wooster, but I laughed at the turn of phrase.

4 hours ago, flatpackhamster said:

283pt bid! Not funny for poor Mr Wooster, but I laughed at the turn of phrase.

It was pretty funny actually. Going up against an SSD/Goz with an Arq/Goz.

I was hoping he'd pick Rift Ambush or Infested Fields, but no luck.

57 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

It was pretty funny actually. Going up against an SSD/Goz with an Arq/Goz.

I was hoping he'd pick Rift Ambush or Infested Fields, but no luck.

A valiant effort!

Finished playing @jabbawookie.

I win 173-80

Objective: His Salvage Run

His Deaths: Demo, Arq

My deaths: None

No crits on any ships.

I took first, deployed in the corner and pryced turn 2. His demo got an APT on me, which I was able to engineer off turn 5. I mulched demo at the end of 2 and mulched the arq beginning of turn 3. That pretty much sums it up. His Gozer nabbed all 4 objective tokens.

Finished playing @TigerKommandant

I win 15-0 for a 6-5 to me.

Played my Fleet in Being.

No deaths. 15 points came from the FIB token on his ship.

His ship has the blinded gunners and Targeter Disruption crits.

I basically chased him across the board hitting him with Maarek and Jendon. Maarek barely survived, but I kept him alive! Fastest game ever.

I might suggest 3x3 games from here on out.

9 hours ago, OutboundFlight said:

Finished playing @TigerKommandant

I win 15-0 for a 6-5 to me.

Played my Fleet in Being.

No deaths. 15 points came from the FIB token on his ship.

His ship has the blinded gunners and Targeter Disruption crits.

I basically chased him across the board hitting him with Maarek and Jendon. Maarek barely survived, but I kept him alive! Fastest game ever.

I might suggest 3x3 games from here on out.

Well, the crits won't matter. That's an elimination right there.

3x3 isn't a bad idea. I'd been wondering what would be a good way for the tournament to find a natural conclusion without it grounding down to multiple small games between the two remaining players.

Yup, seems like things are petering out. Thinking about calling it after this round, but we’ll see. Not sure an SSD can work on a 3x3 😀

Wow, how did a whole month go by? Time has lost all meaning. It looks like this has petered out, so I'm officially declaring the Demolition Tournament over, and @OutboundFlight is the winner with 25 total tournament points!

If I ever do this again, I think the big changes I'd make are

• no large/huge ships
  • limit the tournament to 3 rounds
  • the player with the most remaining fleet points at the end of 3 rounds wins

Thanks to everyone who participated, and thanks for bearing with me as we took this format for a test drive!

Thanks for the tournament, @Cael .

Probably good changes to make. Might want to reduce the playmat to 3x3 if both players have less than 300 points as well.

Just now, OutboundFlight said:

Thanks for the tournament, @Cael .

Probably good changes to make. Might want to reduce the playmat to 3x3 if both players have less than 300 points as well.

That’s a good idea, I’ll do that. Thanks for playing!