Demolition Tournament Reporting Thread

By Cael, in Star Wars: Armada Battle Reports

Please report the results of your matches here. Make sure to include objective played, final score, MoV, leftover criticals on surviving ships, ships and squadrons destroyed, upgrades discarded, and any large/huge ships scarred.

Finished playing @Bertie Wooster . I took first and we played his Rift Ambush. He moved my speed 3 ISD at the start of the match, and I fly in hard with the ISD to maximize my pryce turn. My quasar got to work with Howlrunner and the gang to eat up his rogues. I landed on the grav rift turn 2, dropping me to zero, but turn 3 I opened up with a nasty close range front arc shot into his arq and flotilla, killing both. He hit me hard in the nose on my speed zero ISD, but turn 4 I got to speed one and gained my defense tokens again. Fun round, thanks for playing, Bertie!

I win. 283-9 (does he get points for scarring?)

My losses: Black Squad

My Scarred: ISD II

My Discarded Upgrades: 2x Reserve Hangar Deck

His Survivors: Ramodi and Woldar Flotilla

No leftover crits For either of us.

16 minutes ago, OutboundFlight said:

(does he get points for scarring?)

Let’s do standard scoring for now and see how that turns out.

Good game guys!

On 4/6/2020 at 1:54 PM, Bertie Wooster said:

Logfile: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h7WPeCW3SPRrQY3rDI94B57DGv6Yn3GP

Save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vmUrUQwwuluBArOHbH4HXgZN_kZ8FQvx

Unfortunately, I goofed up with squad placement, especially Dengar--one time I activated a Firespray and tried to shoot his ISD, not realizing I engaged myself with Howlrunner before moving Dengar into place.

Thanks for the logfile. Just watched through it. Thoroughly entertaining 🙂 !

The game versus @Dupy concluded in a crushing victory for Dupy.

Logfiles:

1. Part 1
  2. Part 2

I went first and chose his Rift Ambush. I deployed in the bottom left corner, hoping to go around the far side of the rift and catch his forces in their flank. Unfortunately some poor positioning and bad decisions led to the VSD being out of the fight, and the ISD was left all alone. Some bad rolls meant that the Tua ECM Slicer Tools Gozanti in my ISD's rear turned 2 Repair commands into squadron commands, and survived 4 squadron dice, an ISD's rear arc, and a VSD's side (all at close-medium range) in one turn, limping away with 1 hull. Similarly bad rolls meant his other Gozanti (at medium to my ISD's front arc) also survived.

Surprisingly, my ISD nevertheless survived to the last activation of Turn 5, and my Gozanti managed to ram Tua to death at the start of Turn 5. I foolishly flew my VSD off the board on Turn 4 (missed it by that much) which, had it lived, may very well have killed Hand of Justice . As it was, I was tabled, and managed to remove the scourge of a Tua ECM Slicer Tools Gozanti from the field for my efforts (you are welcome, future opponents of Dupy!).

Final Result:

GNIPS:
Dead: ISD, VSD
Survivors: Gozanti, Howlrunner, Dengar, Soontir Fel, Ciena Ree

Dupy:
Dead: Tua Gozanti
Survived: Everything else.

I am eliminated from the tournament (queue Vader choking me - Motti seems to have anticipated this defeat by clutching at his throat from the beginning).

Thanks for the opportunity to play such an interestingly structured tournament @Cael !

Edited by GhostofNobodyInParticular

GNIP played a great game. Tua on his own, diverted a whole lot of GNOP's fleet from engaging my fleet.

In the end his ISD just didn't have enough hull/shields to stay alive in the kill box of 4 Kittens.

Thank you for the good game and patience, sir. Have a great night.

Thanks for the vlogs guys! That was great!

I don't mean to tread on any toes, but I'd like to share a few thoughts/observations.

1) @Dupy that was some fantastic Arquittens flying! Sure the engine techs and the rift played their part. Even so, it was mesmerizing to watch those ships position themselves so well. Kinda like watching a school of fish or flock of birds harassing something. When one would retreat another would make it's attack. The ISD felt like it was striking at shadows while being harassed to death.

2) @GhostofNobodyInParticular I feel for you with the loss of the VSD. One click and the entire tournament is lost 😞

3) I can't help but think that if the ISD had been able to slow to speed 1 on turn 3 then this match would have turned out the exact opposite. The ISD probably would have survived. The goazanti flotilla would still have died. If this had been the case and the VSD hadn't flown off the board then Dupy would have been eliminated from the tournament (for not having scored any points) and the worst GNIP would likely have taken was a scared ISD.

4) I don't agree with the ruling that the rift doesn't slow your initial maneuver. My interpretation of the final sentence in the objective is that it is just clarifying that the rift's speed reduction effect doesn't affect the extra move that the objective provides.

Anyway, thanks for sharing guys! Can't wait to see the rest of the tournamet 🙂

Thank's! I love the Arquitens, even with the messed up navigation chart. First time using ET's, and I am hooked.

Nathan v Sam ends with Warlord and the Arquitens destroyed and the SSD crippled but with no crits. I won the bid and picked his hyperspace assault. He dropped Warlord into my side arc while the ISD and Arq engaged head on. A series of devastating rolls took out Warlord and the Arquitens. Motti pulls his weight and prevents scarring on the ISD with faulty countermeasures and keeps both gozantis alive, one on 1 hull and the other with 3, both sustaining crits. Very fun game!

170-170, 6-5 to Nathan as second player

Edited by MandalorianMoose

MHD vs Jabba has concluded.

I had the bid and took first, choosing Volatile Deposits. The Agate-Screed Terminator Power Couple made an agreement this was to be a peaceful collaborative mining operation, and deployed warily. Near the top of round 2, a CR90 fired upon Demolisher, proving once again that Rebels are smelly and cannot be trusted. It was treason, then.

Thanks to a lucky APT Capacitor Failure, and in spite of some terrible rolls, the CR90 is popped and Demo runs to hide behind the Kuat. The Arquitens and Gozantis chase a GR75 and fail to kill it, Paragon nopes away from the stationary Kuat, and Admo can't quite reach any soft targets in time.

In the end MHD loses a CR90 with LTT and RBD, and scores 4 tokens to my 5.

7-4 (131-60), no crits, discards or scarring.

Edit: logfiles to come.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

Mhd picked first and chose my contested outpost. he killed my titus repair crew as the lone kill of the match which ends 120-29 to me. SSD has 13 hull remaining

11 hours ago, MandalorianMoose said:

Mhd picked first and chose my contested outpost. he killed my titus repair crew as the lone kill of the match which ends 120-29 to me. SSD has 13 hull remaining

I don't know how I could have poured more damage into that stupid SSD. With the repair teams gozanti it must have healed over 14 damage off the hull alone before it started fixing/moving shields all over the place, it still ended up no shields yet more health than it came in with. Hopefully someone else can figure out how to crack that nut.

Edited by mhd

Yup, the repair power was a sight to behold. Amazing that losses were so low, just the gozanti and a crit on the CR90

6 hours ago, mhd said:

I don't know how I could have poured more damage into that stupid SSD. With the repair teams gozanti it must have healed over 14 damage off the hull alone before it started fixing/moving shields all over the place, it still ended up no shields yet more health than it came in with. Hopefully someone else can figure out how to crack that nut.

...This is why everybody needs to leave me alive. APTs and Vader.

I can’t promise I’ll kill it, but I will try.

Edited by The Jabbawookie
58 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

...This is why everybody needs to leave me alive. APTs and Vader.

I can’t promise I’ll kill it, but I will try.

Are we blind? Deploy the Jabbawookie!

I played @Dupy tonight. It was A bloody game with both of us taking losses.

I win 114-88

Played my Fleet in Being

My losses: quasar and one TIE Fighter

His losses: one Arq (blue), one flotilla.

No crits on either side. My ISD remains scarred.

I got an extra 15 points from his discarded Objective Token.

8 minutes ago, OutboundFlight said:

I played @Dupy tonight. It was A bloody game with both of us taking losses.

I win 114-88

Played my Fleet in Being

My losses: quasar and one TIE Fighter

His losses: one Arq (blue), one flotilla.

No crits on either side. My ISD remains scarred.

I got an extra 15 points from his discarded Objective Token.

Looked like a fun game!

@Dupy which Arquittens was destroyed?

The 69 pt cheap arquittens was sacrificed.

Outboundflight played a great game! I underestimated the power of Sloan MJ and friends. I started by mixing up my move order to begin with and got Ozzel Arquittens shot up by squads. But Squall ended up moving into red range of ozzel. I saw my chance and accelerated my school of kittens to attack. I was able to cripple Squall turn 2. Needa finished it off turn 3 and ran away with his hair on fire after some ISD and MJ love. The angry ISD charged my tightly packed fleet, but, without any squad commands queued up, his fighters were on time out.

My fleet didn't skatter in time and Blue arquitten just barely got popped. Ramodi slipped out of the ISd front arc for a last first activation.

Turn 4, Needa was just barely double arced by ISD so had to shoot and scoot. Fleet preservation was more important than putting more fire into ISD. My coms net was caught flat footed speed 1 having just been passing repair tokens to everyone.

There was chasing, there was shooting. And that was that.

Thank you @OutboundFlight for the challenging game.

Thank you @Cael for setting up the tournament!

Duplicate post

Edited by Dupy

Jabbawookie vs. @TigerKommandant ends in a 6-5, 90-40.

We played Tiger's volatile deposits, and I grabbed 6 tokens while he grabbed one and accepted my sacrifice to Chimaera of a Gozanti with Comms Net.

On 4/18/2020 at 3:58 PM, The Jabbawookie said:

my sacrifice to Chimaera of a Gozanti with Comms Net.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

@Bertie Wooster used his 283 point bid to take second and I chose his most wanted. The lone Arquitens was placed hiding behind some asteroids in the corner but the SSD was able to chase it down without overlapping any to take any crits. Ravager popped the gozanti end of turn 2 and put some damage into the Arq at long range and then finished it off top of turn 3 with a medium range shot. SSD takes no damage cards.

31 minutes ago, MandalorianMoose said:

@Bertie Wooster used his 283 point bid to take second and I chose his most wanted. The lone Arquitens was placed hiding behind some asteroids in the corner but the SSD was able to chase it down without overlapping any to take any crits. Ravager popped the gozanti end of turn 2 and put some damage into the Arq at long range and then finished it off top of turn 3 with a medium range shot. SSD takes no damage cards.

Log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tmoFnOS6C00X3jEEutui5ccU4B2gq1w-

Save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l6fN8okEi6lk2UxOSGL9t9I_M_nyHEw9

Amusingly, our scheduled start time was 10:00pm EST (We actually were able to start a bit earlier) and the game was over at 10:08.

Good luck in the rest of the tournament MM! They won't all be this easy!

Edited by Bertie Wooster

@Dupy vs TigerKommadant

I had the bid and took his Doomed Station. By round 6 two VP for Dupy and two for me. ISD hunted kittens while the kittens hunted the support gozantis. Both Gozantis go down but so do Needa and Ozzel. MOV of 191- 90; 7-4 my way. ISD repaired it's only rammed damage card. No discarded cards on either side.

Edited by TigerKommandant
fixing and error