The Rise of Red Skull Article is up

By L0STHER0, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

3 hours ago, Derrault said:

With Combat Training/Heroic Intuition/Armor that’s up to 6 in stats(!)

In Solo, she can very plausibly become a 8/5/5 or higher for one attack (and still a 6/5/5 after that attack).

Have Combat Training out from a previous turn, play Morale Boost and Skilled Strike for three cards (themselves + one resource), so it’s not implausible in a normal turn to be able to play one other aspect card of hers.

That said, Protection currently has the most cards to ready your hero; if you’re playing to buff her as much as possible you might as well make use of her ridiculously high defense and then have her ready for an attack next turn.

Edited by SpiderMana
On 4/14/2020 at 5:16 PM, SpiderMana said:

In Solo, she can very plausibly become a 8/5/5 or higher for one attack (and still a 6/5/5 after that attack).

Have Combat Training out from a previous turn, play Morale Boost and Skilled Strike for three cards (themselves + one resource), so it’s not implausible in a normal turn to be able to play one other aspect card of hers.

That said, Protection currently has the most cards to ready your hero; if you’re playing to buff her as much as possible you might as well make use of her ridiculously high defense and then have her ready for an attack next turn.

Yeah, I definitely want to try an Aggression / Protection deck that focuses on things like Indomitable- I could see playing Attack cards for their damage and buffing stats, thwarting with her base thwart and then defending with-buffed defence and readying again to do it over again next turn... with the right deck she could be extremely strong as a solo hero I think! Really excited to make some decks for her!

A lot of people are immediately drawn to Leadership pairings due to fancy combos and what not.

But I am skeptical about ally decks, unless we see some resource generation. That said, Leadership/Aggression can probably be built pretty cheap and that is more of a combo deck than an ally deck.

I'm a big fan of Aggressive decks, and I agree that Aggression/Protection looks really solid with a tonne of synergy.

Just now, Deadwolf said:

A lot of people are immediately drawn to Leadership pairings due to fancy combos and what not.

But I am skeptical about ally decks, unless we see some resource generation. That said, Leadership/Aggression can probably be built pretty cheap and that is more of a combo deck than an ally deck.

I'm a big fan of Aggressive decks, and I agree that Aggression/Protection looks really solid with a tonne of synergy.

I've got an ally Cap Leadership deck that I'm running without Power ofs (I know) and it works really well, even without those resource cards. It does take a bit to really get up and running, though.

That being said, I LOVE Aggression. I don't get to play it much because I typically play true solo and, as of right now, it's really hit-or-miss with solo, but given the cards we've seen coming up I'm confident that will change. It's just so fun to get that perfect draw and lay down 20+ damage in a turn. I can't wait to see how Aggression will work paired with any of the other aspects in a single deck.

16 minutes ago, maniakmedic said:

I've got an ally Cap Leadership deck that I'm running without Power ofs (I know) and it works really well, even without those resource cards. It does take a bit to really get up and running, though.

That being said, I LOVE Aggression. I don't get to play it much because I typically play true solo and, as of right now, it's really hit-or-miss with solo, but given the cards we've seen coming up I'm confident that will change. It's just so fun to get that perfect draw and lay down 20+ damage in a turn. I can't wait to see how Aggression will work paired with any of the other aspects in a single deck.

Not sure why you wouldn't run run power of Leadership, but it's fine. Cap still has super Soldier serum and his AE ability for resource generation. If SW has no resource generation, I have a hard time seeing a deck like Leadership/Protection being good. Every hero has at least 1 resource generation card, so I'm sure she'll get something, but they are sometimes restrictive, We'll see.

The beauty of Spiderwoman is that you can make a deck no matter what you need her for. Aggression/Justice doesnt have a tonne of synergy but is super versatile and seems like it would be pretty strong in solo.

Edited by Deadwolf
2 minutes ago, Deadwolf said:

Not sure why you wouldn't run run power of Leadership, but it's fine. Cap still has super Soldier serum and his AE ability for resource generation. If SW has no resource generation, I have a hard time seeing a deck like Leadership/Protection being good. We will have to see.

Not running it because the only Leadership cards I have that cost more than 2 are allies, so the space is better served by putting two other cards in.

1 hour ago, maniakmedic said:

Not running it because the only Leadership cards I have that cost more than 2 are allies, so the space is better served by putting two other cards in.

They also work with Make the Call and most of the leadership cards I am starting to believe are fun but super marginal.

16 minutes ago, IceHot42 said:

They also work with Make the Call and most of the leadership cards I am starting to believe are fun but super marginal.

This is the build I have:

Captain America

Upgrades (6)

1x • Captain America's Helmet

1x • Captain America's Shield

2x Inspired

2x Super-Soldier Serum

Ally (6)

1x • Agent 13

1x • Hawkeye

1x • Maria Hill

1x • Squirrel Girl

1x • Vision

1x • Wonder Man

Support (5)

1x • Avengers Tower

2x Quinjet

1x • Steve's Apartment

1x • The Triskelion

Event (20)

2x Fearless Determination

3x Get Ready

3x Heroic Strike

3x Make the Call

2x Shield Block

2x Shield Toss

2x Strength In Numbers

3x Teamwork

Resource (3)

1x Energy

1x Genius

1x Strength

I was running a version with the PoL cards, but it felt really bogged down and I kept running into the problem of having two cards that only worked as resources that I rarely got the intended use out of. So I pulled those and put in the Quinjets and it's been working pretty well. I do need more card draw, but overall it's been a solid deck.

I really like Quinjet but with your build I'd probably recommend dropping them for the Power of Leadership. I prefer the Quinjets in resource starved heroes like She-Hulk and Thor.

I hope that is Kang. That would totally make the game for me. Kang is great. Then we just need a Doctor Doom scenario. I am legitimately surprised they didn't rush to Thanos. I'm guessing because they wanted to keep touring the Avengers/Spiderman before breaking off to more cosmic stuff.

I'm hoping Nov is Matt Murdock. September is pretty obviously a martial artist. Probably Shang Chi or Danny Rand. Dec has curly or at least wavy hair so that rules out alot of female marvel characters unless they are taking liberties with their classical portrayal. Janet usually has short straight hair. Jessica Jones usually has long straight hair. Could be Wanda. that would be the safe bet I think considering she's an existing MCU character. It could also be America Chavez. She does wear boots like that. I think that would be a nice and unexpected include. The person sitting at the computer could be anyone. Would be cool is Oct was Jessica Jones IMO. If we get Danny, Jessica and Matt then it feels like Luke Cage is getting snubbed. Hopefully he comes around as well if that is the sequence.

On 4/17/2020 at 8:31 PM, phillos said:

September is pretty obviously a martial artist.

September is someone sitting on a couch with a television remote in one hand and a beverage in the other. Which theoretically could be a martial artist, but there's no particular reason to suspect it is a martial artist.

On 4/3/2020 at 10:25 PM, Tonbo Karasu said:

So, seeing as how this is the Red Skull article thread (with a silhouette guessing thread next door) I'm going to make some comments about the new box:

There has been some speculation that Hawkeye has no Signature Ally, since his bow is taking up the #1 spot in his deck. However, on the stream, they specifically said his deck has 6 new allies, 1 signature and 5 others. To add to that, there's a rather interesting card on the Spanish fan that has been seen around the place. It's a side-scheme, with only a fraction of the text visible. But that text has the word Barton in it. The border is also a colour-scheme that isn't associated with any of the 5 villains in the box - red & white. Therefore, I conclude that this is the Side-scheme for Hawkeye's Nemesis, and that the Nemesis is Crossfire. The art on that card is from the front cover of Hawkeye and Mockingbird issue 3, and the text has the beginning of the Spanish translation of her name. To me, that is basically a clear indication that Mockingbird (a new version) is Hawkeye's signature ally.

There’s a picture going around that shows Mockingbird as his signature ally. The bottom half of the card is obscured by a card fan, so you can only see the name, picture, and cost (3). I’m not sure where it’s from but it looks fairly legit, with different (and imo better) art to the basic ally.

2 hours ago, Schrodinger's Hat said:

There’s a picture going around that shows Mockingbird as his signature ally. The bottom half of the card is obscured by a card fan, so you can only see the name, picture, and cost (3). I’m not sure where it’s from but it looks fairly legit, with different (and imo better) art to the basic ally.

Ah, yes. I just saw that one as well, and feel somewhat vindicated :) .

On 4/25/2020 at 6:02 AM, Schrodinger's Hat said:

Yes, that’s definitely my favourite Mockingbird costume.

On 4/2/2020 at 2:01 PM, CaffeineAddict said:

Spider-Woman looks awesome. Cant wait to play with her.

Same, SUPER excited for her. Can't wait for this expansion.

The WANT is real.

And all those glorious new villains! GIMME = very yes.