My first campaign

By Ywingscum, in Legends of the Alliance

My core arrived this past Thursday. Probably not smart getting into a game is complete stage but I never claimed to be smart haha. Looking into this game recently and realized finally what it has to offer.

So, completed the tutorial yesterday was fun, lot of app reading and getting excited to get campaign going.

Today, played first mission, don’t want to spoil anything, but first part was cool, second part was tense and someone showed up that was way too tough, very enjoyable first chapter. Charging my tablet, so I can jump on chapter 2. Can’t wait till my expansions show up!

The first campaign (whether 1 vs others or app) is a learning campaign. You have both the game and the individual heroes to learn, not to mention how the imperial groups/figures tend to act (how dangerous each of them are).

It’s a learning experience on how imperial activations work some times. Like move 3 and attack, then move 2 to reposition. And I’m like but this unit only has move 4? Haha

im already up to experience 2, so I have heroes and abilities 2 skill cards and items, it’s a load running 2 heroes already haha and I had earned Luke as an ally going into mission 2. And I am sorry to the galaxy, I got Luke killed 😞

when you discard a supply card, it goes back to the supply deck right? You don’t get it back for next mission right?

Edited by Ywingscum
Autocorrect

Yeah, to be honest, the app campaign is almost an entirely different game than the regular campaign.

Yes, all supply cards go back to the supply deck at the end of each mission unless the card specifically says otherwise.

Which Heroes are you using? I’ve used up to 3 characters at the same time so far playing the app solo and it can be a hassle to remember everything!

Edited by Funky_4LOM

Just the LtP pair. Jyn and Gaarkhan. Funny because that’s the pair I was leaning to anyway. I’m also suspecting the ap campaign is a different campaign then the physical one. Not sure if that’s true or not.

Yes, the missions of the app campaigns are different than the book campaigns. (Jabba's Realm's missions are similar in theme/plot/name, but the missions are different.)

The Speed of imperial figures are largely ignored in the app. Just go with the activation instructions.

You recreate the supply card deck for each mission, so you can't keep supply cards from one mission to the next, and can find the same cards in the next one.

Thank you, the help is appreciated.

Ok I can’t fit the game back into the box, haha. Guess I’m gonna have to toss the insert

Pretty much a rite of passage with this game, lol.

You can turn the insert upside down and refold it to make 2 compartments of 1/3 and 2/3 size.

6 hours ago, a1bert said:

You can turn the insert upside down and refold it to make 2 compartments of 1/3 and 2/3 size.

Neat idea I might try that

Interesting no glue required on IA figures. Colour me surprised

Playing first skirmish with SO. I used lure of the darkside to make Diala kill Like Skywalker! Wow that was fun haha and she was so mad!

I’m going on to mission four. Should I enter my expansions that have arrived, or finish the campaign. Then enter all expansions before doing campaign second time? Or does it really matter?

You can add expansions during a campaign, you can't remove expansions during a campaign.

Whether you should, that's for you to decide. I would finish the current one and leave the new groups for the next one.

That’s how I’m leaning. Thanks

Don’t want to say anything spoilerish but I think my campaign just came to swift end haha. Is the app campaign shorter then the core campaign?

Also if you suffer strain when your at your max you take it as damage, correct?

Edited by Ywingscum

5 missions with text-encounters in between, yes 🙂

Yes, overflowing STRAIN becomes DMG.

Edited by angelman2

Note that heroes cannot voluntarily (i.e. choose) to suffer strain over their endurance (to get movement points or activate abilities or pay other costs).

Edit: Also note that if you play the tutorial, you'll miss the first "real" mission of the campaign, the campaign automatically continues to the second mission. Restart without tutorial if you want to play the full campaign.

Edited by a1bert

5 missions. Ok totally thought there’d be more. So it didn’t end prematurely

1 hour ago, Ywingscum said:

5 missions. Ok totally thought there’d be more. So it didn’t end prematurely

If I recall Hoth and Jabba are both a little longer. Also, I found that some of the missions themselves were longer to play. As in, “phew just made it! wait - that isn’t the end of the mission?!?”

Not sure if other people had similar thoughts.

All the missions were longer then I anticipated

Hoth and Jabba's Realm are still playing 5 missions, from the 6 and 8 different missions available.

Replayed the final mission, lost again. Oddly I liked that I lost. Time to start a new campaign with different heroes

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 3:02 PM, Ywingscum said:

Replayed the final mission, lost again. Oddly I liked that I lost. Time to start a new campaign with different heroes

It's all about learning and improving and trying new combinations.

The story isn't too diverse (Jabba's Realm is great however), but the character combinations and enemy appearances provide plenty of replayability.