T-47

By dc0315, in Army Building

Is the T-47 any good yet? If so, which units does it combo best with? Maybe another T-47 or taun tauns?

Quite simply, no it isn't very good at the moment. HOWEVER as soon as the Vital Assets expansion is released, itll see more playtime with some of the battlefields and objectives making the T-47 use able.

To answer the rest of your question, I've found that it works exceptionally well with Luke. Send one of them up each of your opponents sides and then the brunt of your army up the middle and your opponent is stuck. I haven't used two t-47s in one army but I imagine it would work very similar to Luke. You've also gotta get at least two snipers with it because the airspeeder will leave a ton of units with only one or two men left and it cant circle back to finish them off very well so you need snipers to finish the job

Simply put, it doesn't do enough damage to justify the cost. It will, on average, deal 1.75 wounds to a Stormtrooper unit that is completely in the open (no cover), which is pathetic for a unit that is almost 1/4 of your army (and no, it's not a "character hunter" when it deals the exact same average damage against Veers). Its also easier to kill than you would think, although there have been a few upgrades and erratas to help that. Some of the upcoming objective cards might help, IF you bid for them, they come out in the right order, and/or your opponent is doltish enough to let you keep them. Every time I play the Airspeeder (which is often) it makes me sad. The Landspeeder is a bit less tough, but at least it gets to kill some stuff before it dies.

@dc0315
"Is the T-47 any good yet? If so, which units does it combo best with? Maybe another T-47 or taun tauns?"

I'm 2-1 (should have been 3-0, but that was my fault, not the T-47s) using doubles against the meta (Exactly what you imagine in Shoretroopers, Tauntauns, etc).

If you're going to use them, first I'd advise you to look at your command card and battle card selection.

Objectives:
Breakthrough (T-47 can score, and is fast enough that it can pretty much do so as soon as you realize time is winding down)
Recover the Supplies (T-47 is fast enough to run down an enemy carrier, and does strong interference work just by threatening to do that).
Key Positions (T-47 can score)
*Bombing Run (This is literally the T-47 objective, you should be able to score two points in the first three rounds with virtually no hope of enemy reprisal, and if you time it right, you can even damage/suppress enemy units while scoring those points).
*Payload (Good for picking off enemies trying to protect their package or slow yours as the enemy is forced to keep moving to score and can't just hide in one place hoping for cover)

Deployment:
Disarray (Place one or both T-47s in either zone, and the rest of your army in the other, then zip them over to whichever enemy force is weakest for an easy pincer move)
Battle Lines (likely to see a strung out enemy army that has easily defined flanks, the T-47 is fast enough to reach either side of the board and work from there).
The Long March (T-47s are the fastest unit, so they suffer no ill effects from this).
*Hemmed In (Like Disarray, although it doesn't force your opponent to split their army, they probably will)
*Roll Out (Vehicle specific benefit; Can't use it and select the T-47 as a bomb carrier if Bombing Run is the objective, however)

Conditions:
Hostile Environment (Doesn't impact vehicles)
Limited Visibility (Negates early round longer range impact attacks, like the AT-AT or the DLT-19)
^Minefield (Don't get triggered by Repulsor Vehicles)
*War Weary (Doesn't impact vehicles)

^Priority Supplies
*Vital Assets

Once you've established what ODC's you plan to run, and established a bid sufficient that you'll probably get it.
Then it becomes a question of asking what commander you run, and the rest of the army, how will they be used to support each other, and what path to victory would you plan on using for each objective, each deployment, and under each condition?

I like to run Leia, because she can soften up several targets with Coordinated Bombardment. Once in game, my preference is to place the T-47s near the end of deployment so that my opponent has committed as many of their units as possible, making it clearer where their force disposition is weakest (and ideally, being able to target them on turn 1). Don't be afraid to fly circles if the enemy attempts to play possum, especially if the objective doesn't hinge on running face first into them.

This is just a game, so it doesn't have to be 100% rehearsed, but in general, unless you prefer living by the seat of your pant, doing a mental checklist of what a nice looking deployment/plan of action in general, and so on, can give you a sense of comfort in preparation.

Remember, after you play a game, win or lose, it can be very helpful to do a post-mortem to evaluate what actions you took that were premature, what choice points you had, and what your opponent was doing that, if you saw it happening again, you could beware and foil.

I'm considering buying a second T-47.

I've had a few games without using one and my force has been much more efficient but much less fun. Life is too short to spam snipers, tauntauns and Z6s.

I agree with pretty much everything Derrault wrote. I've had some success using Solo with them. Sorry About The Mess combined with an HQ uplink is useful and a Reckless Diversion can keep AT weapons from hitting your speeder for a turn.

20 minutes ago, Katarn said:

I'm considering buying a second T-47.

I've had a few games without using one and my force has been much more efficient but much less fun. Life is too short to spam snipers, tauntauns and Z6s.

I agree with pretty much everything Derrault wrote. I've had some success using Solo with them. Sorry About The Mess combined with an HQ uplink is useful and a Reckless Diversion can keep AT weapons from hitting your speeder for a turn.

If you like the model or like playing with it I say go for it. I love playing legion, but I hate playing 'meta lists' for legion. So dry boring and carbon copied. I appreciate the devs moving to change this, but for me its still true.

The T47 IS statistically, probably the worst unit in the game, but as above its still very usable , in this game it's more about learning how to use those units to score points on the objectives. I like playing with it, though I've never taken it to a competition, but what do I know , when I go to said competitions, I go with the other statistical bad units Jyn and pathfinders.