Thank You!!!

By Budgernaut, in Runewars Miniatures Game

This is a sentimental topic. Tonight, I pulled out my Runewars figures. It's been a long time since I've done that, but as I held those few figures I finished painting, I could feel all the excitement I used to feel for this game. I then read through some of the fiction from the army expansions. I love it! I wish there was more!

The point of this thread is that I want to thank everyone at FFG who was involved with Runewars Miniatures Game. I have been in love with Terrinoth for about 10 years now. Runewars Miniatures Game, in my opinion, was the pinnacle experience of watching the factions of Mennara clash on the tabletop. The lore added more life and depth to this vibrant world than I dared hope to see. I just love this game so much! I'm so happy FFG took a risk on this labor of love so that Terrinoth fans like myself could experience this dream come true.

I know in business, the dollar is the test of success, but I know that all you fine people who worked on this game put your hearts and souls into it. I can tell you enjoyed it. I wanted to write this thank you note to you all so that, if by chance you happen to read it, you know that this game was really special and irreplaceable to someone out there in the world. So to all you designers, developers, modellers, painters, photographers, technical writers, fictional writers, and anyone else I may have missed, thank you! Thank you so much for an amazing product and an amazing experience!

Edited by Budgernaut

Hear! Hear!

I have my Runewars painting queue on the shelf so all those skeletons and wraiths tell me every day, "Don't forget to paint me!"

I had so many good experiences playing this game. My biggest regret is not attending worlds. I seriously missed out.

I could not agree more. I had and still have good exsperiences playing this game. Although there are few to no other players localy I have procured armies so me and my friends can play, even though I couldnt get them to buy into the game. The lore and game mecanics make the game sing when it first gets to the table, never with a dull moment. In the opening we are guaging the opponents moves, in the middle crashing armies, failed charges, despicable deseption and blody battle ensues. And during the final stages og the game, it is quick as we have few pices that we try too squeese out the last few points that matter. It is a game that never overstays its welcome and allways creates good discussions, that's how you know that It's a good game.

It's been quite some time since I visited these forums. I still love this game, it's the first game that really grabbed my attention and not much else comes close to being as awesome to me.

It's great to see familiar names and the occasional new ones here after all this time!

The level of granularity that exist in the mechanics of runewars is really impressive, and the attention to lore (as I've gone back and explored other terrinoth titles since) is really great. Even though it was a short run for the game, it's a shining gem in tabletop games.

Thank you, FFG staff responsible for this beautiful and well executed game. I know you put a lot of heart and mind in it. Just as I did. I am the only person in my county that has RWM (all armies, 250+ trays), have several friends who play this one wit me and I know I have o product for a lifetime.

I am sorry that your marketing section and CEO did not have an idea how to sell it well, and that game kind of died. It will live in my heart and in my gaming group.