"There is definitely more Outer Rim in the future." -Steve Horvath

By The Gas, in Star Wars: Outer Rim

Exciting news. Sounds like an expansion is being worked on. But not releasing until 2021? But I’m stoked for this!

Could it be Mandalorian based?

Edited by Ywingscum

I am just excited for more content. My preference is for something Skywalker Saga related, but I could see FFG using this as a springboard for whatever is new (the galactic republic stuff).

Is their a thought of creating the character Zorii Bliss? Spice Smuggler & ............

2 cards/characters, Poe Dameron & Zorii Bliss. Modern Star Wars

Edited by sos84

Hi. Any news ?

Bumping as well. Would love to hear what others are hearing. I think that the most logical would be from The Mandalorian show. Thoughts?

This is great news! I recently joined and this is exactly what I was looking for. I guess there hasn't been more recent news about more Outer Rim content since March. Maybe it'll be announced at GenCon.

I agree that characters and ships from The Mandalorian would be the most popular and fan service-y choice. I think FFG can easily sell that pitch to Disney for licensing approval, since it'll help promote The Mandalorian Disney+ series. Since there were 8 original characters in Outer Rim, an expansion should probably add another 8. There are easily 8 characters from the Mandalorian:

1. The Mandalorian
  2. IG-11
  3. Greef Karga
  4. Cara Dune
  5. Toro Calican
  6. Fennec Shand
  7. Ranzar Malk
  8. Moff Gideon

An Outer Rim expansion themed around The Mandalorian is most likely, I'd like to see other characters too, like Kanan Jarrus/Hera Syndulla/Sabine Wren and the Ghost from SW Rebels, Hondo Onaka from The Clone Wars and Rebels, Mara Jade from Legends, and Dash Rendar from Shadow of the Empire. If an OR expansion had 4 Mandalorian characters and 4 characters from other Star Wars properties, that would be a good mix. There will also be Season 2 of The Mandalorian to draw from for another OR expansion in the future.

Agreed on material from The Mandalorian.

I was thinking they could add 'Mid Rim' map tiles with hyperroutes that link to the planets along the inside edge. It would also be good to get another color of contact tokens.

I would love to see another 8 character expansion with two from each major setting:

Mandalorian:

-The Mandalorian and Cara Dune

Disney EU:

- Sabine Wren and Cal Kestis

EU:

- Kyle Katarn And Mara Jade

Bounty hunters:

-Zuckuss and Cad Bane

Ships:

Xanadu Blood/Rogue Class Starfighter

Ghost/VCX-100

Stinger Mantis/S-161 "Stinger" XL

Razor Crest/Gunship

Also hopefully doubling each deck in the game for more variety:

Bounties: more bounty cards for pre-existing contact tokens as well as some of the new contacts

Equipment: Bryar Pistol, thermal detonators, rocket boots, Beskar Armor, whistling birds, Amban Sniper Rifle

Cargo: Black market animals that can potentially escape, Cargo that needs to be brought to a patrol’s space (Death Star parts/Kybar Crystals to the Empire, Stolen Plans to rebellion, client list to the Hutts, and captured baby Hutt to the cartel hahaha. Ok fine maybe just straight up spice)

Jobs: I would love to see two new job types, one that lets you go hunting after rare creatures that you can capture or kill and specific to certain planets, as well as some mercenary work for the empire/rebellion where you gain and lose reputation with two factions while helping one or the other.

Rare Special Cards: Lightsaber, crime lord pet, maybe some of the missing weapons in here, and Pazaak/card tables)

Contact Tokens: all of the remaining Rebels, Solo and Clone Wars fringe characters

Planets:

Mandalore - Tons of death watch and Imperial Commando infighting, special Mandalorian Crew and gear even the darksaber that can be obtained here

Dathomir - combats against Nightsisters to gain powerful artifacts and nightsister crew

Jedha or Kashyyk for a planet embroiled in war, missions to help the Empire or Rebellion and gain or lose reputation for either along with gear rewards.

Nevarro - Bounty Hunters Guild, lets you gain bounties and look at contact tokens in the galaxy

On 6/13/2020 at 9:16 AM, General_Grievous said:

Cargo: Black market animals that can potentially escape, Cargo that needs to be brought to a patrol’s space (Death Star parts/Kybar Crystals to the Empire, Stolen Plans to rebellion, client list to the Hutts, and captured baby Hutt to the cartel hahaha. Ok fine maybe just straight up spice)

I was trying to think of other cargo options to make that part of the game more interesting. One is time sensistive cargo that must be delivered in a number of rounds (perishable products, or unstable coaxium for example). Another would be illicit cargo that gives negative reputation while onboard your ship, making patrols more problematic.

I would also like to see more contact tokens, but it brings up the question of how to handle bounties for contacts that are not present on the board (since adding more contact tokens would likely result in more contacts than locations for those contacts.)

2 hours ago, joeshmoe554 said:

I was trying to think of other cargo options to make that part of the game more interesting. One is time sensistive cargo that must be delivered in a number of rounds (perishable products, or unstable coaxium for example). Another would be illicit cargo that gives negative reputation while onboard your ship, making patrols more problematic.

I would also like to see more contact tokens, but it brings up the question of how to handle bounties for contacts that are not present on the board (since adding more contact tokens would likely result in more contacts than locations for those contacts.)

I think the easiest way would be to just add more planets and then have more contact tokens in those slots, or have new tokens that actually go on a planet space itself like ground forces and beasts and such, or just have a pool that you can always spend your encounter to reveal the top of that particular deck.

" I was trying to think of other cargo options to make that part of the game more interesting. One is time sensistive cargo that must be delivered in a number of rounds (perishable products, or unstable coaxium for example). Another would be illicit cargo that gives negative reputation while onboard your ship, making patrols more problematic."

" Cargo: Black market animals that can potentially escape, Cargo that needs to be brought to a patrol’s space (Death Star parts/Kybar Crystals to the Empire, Stolen Plans to rebellion, client list to the Hutts, and captured baby Hutt to the cartel hahaha. Ok fine maybe just straight up spice)"

I like both of these. Good ideas. I hope they get implemented.

Mandalorian stuff needs to be added into this game, specially with the last season. And add the razor crest for the memory.