Worlds may be cancelled

By onyersix, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

After last night's announcement stating that all flights from mainland Europe are to be cancelled, I was wary that they might be cancelling the World Championships in 2 weeks time.

Illinois is already supposed to be in emergency measures, with many local events having already been cancelled, and the Convention Centre has updated their statement to "we'll decide soon".

Personally, I wish they would just postpone it anyway. I'm already having to cancel my airfare and book another flight, but I also have accommodation which needs to be considered.

If you are planning to attend, be prepared for disappointment.

Indeed. Very sad, but to mention frustrating for all the money I've lost in air fare and accommodation, but it would be nice for FFG to post someone publicly.

Apparently on their Organised Play FB page there is a post saying they are looking at options, but my heart tells me IA well never get it's final day in the sun.

I want to be wrong, but it would just be too easy for them to say thanks, but goodbye.

Fully expecting them to not bother with IA worlds, but surely they'd want to do Legion and Armada? Will have to wait and see what happens I suppose

I was really hoping to watch a stream of IA championships, my guess too is they won't do a final one now. I'm so late to the party I just bought a core online (its currently being held in a processing facility for the past week). I've watched the 2015,2016,2017,2018 championships and a bunch of others, what a great game, and coop too! How did I miss this game??? Oh well, I'll buy up what I can and enjoy it's afterlife.

Was there a 2019 championship? a video of that seems impossible to find.

1 minute ago, Ywingscum said:

I was really hoping to watch a stream of IA championships, my guess too is they won't do a final one now. I'm so late to the party I just bought a core online (its currently being held in a processing facility for the past week). I've watched the 2015,2016,2017,2018 championships and a bunch of others, what a great game, and coop too! How did I miss this game??? Oh well, I'll buy up what I can and enjoy it's afterlife.

Was there a 2019 championship? a video of that seems impossible to find.

Unfortunately there was no live-streaming of the finals last year, but thankfully @Tvboy 's got you covered after the fact! His IA Command YouTube channel has a bunch of great (and recent) IA matches, including last year's very exciting Worlds final.

Link to the match:

7 minutes ago, ManateeX said:

Unfortunately there was no live-streaming of the finals last year, but thankfully @Tvboy 's got you covered after the fact! His IA Command YouTube channel has a bunch of great (and recent) IA matches, including last year's very exciting Worlds final.

Link to the match:

Thank you very much!

Is typical that it gets cancelled less than 24 hours after I make a decision on what to run there too!

My YouTube channel is sponsoring a stay home vassal tournament on March 28th. It will be Swiss rounds with a cut to top 8. There are exclusive prizes and entry is free. Tentative start time is 3pm GMT (8am PST, 11am EST). You can sign up here:
https://tabletop.to/imperial-assaullt-stay-home-vassal-worlds/signups

Participation prize (no purchase necessary, must play 3 rounds):

vWvA9Ih.png

Top 8 prize

y97jwB3.jpg

Because it's going to be on Vassal, I will be able to live stream the entire event from home.

Stay tuned for more info on rules for the event (structure, round time, map rotation, communication, etc.).

Edited by Tvboy

Also, the reason Im able to run an event like this absolutely free of charge is because of my amazing Patreon supporters. I am a tiny channel for a tiny community that has no chance of ever making money on ads or sponsorships, so Patreon support allows me to keep producing content for Imperial Assault for all of you.

If you feel like IA Command has added value to your Imperial Assault experience, consider becoming a Patreon and donating to the channel. The more support the channel gets, the more motivated I get and the more content everyone gets.

https://www.patreon.com/IACommand

On 3/13/2020 at 9:15 AM, ManateeX said:

Link to the match:

So I watched the video, super fun and informative to watch. Is the current meta still spectre squads? I’m not sure if anything was released after 2019 worlds to shake up the meta?

Im still waiting for my core to arrive, should be arriving any day, it’s late now.

Spectre Cell got nerfed pretty heavily, so it is definitely not dominant any more.

Oh! I had no idea. I guess I should check the latest RR and stuff

2 hours ago, Ywingscum said:

Oh! I had no idea. I guess I should check the latest RR and stuff

Yeah there haven't been any released since then, they just errata'd the spectre card.

Regarding the current meta, anecdotally, the things that I've seen the most around these days from people playing online and at a few big tournets are:

-Vader lists (with either jet troopers or with palpatine and thrawn)

-scum hunter lists (elite weequays, IG-88 and/or a bunch of 4-6 point figures like Onar, Greedo, Hondo, Vinto, etc)

-Scum VP focused lists (jabba, sabine, hondo, lots of cards that give VP)

-Rebels with han, drokotta and sabine

Those are kind of the main archetypes, but there are always oddballs. Loth-cats are pretty popular, Han/Rangers is good on most map rotations (just not this one), riot troopers are great, there's a defensive "box" where you use cards and other figures focused on keeping Han alive, you get the odd player who perfects using Leia or a 6-jawa swarm , etc. And Spectre Cell is still actually good, even if it's not as strong as it once was.

What's cool about right now, though, is that I think a lot of people were going to be experimenting with their own thing a little bit had the worlds tourney gone ahead. I don't know if it's "spectre fatigue" after last year or just people wanting to try something cool at the last big official tournament, but I got the sense that a lot of people were throwing together some really cool and unique lists.

Right now is a really fun time to play competitive imperial assault - if you ignore the fact that they're shutting down competitive imperial assault :P