Team Play Questions

By Simplegarak, in L5R LCG: Rules Discussion

So I'm building some decks so some friends and I can try out the new team play options and I had a couple of questions.

I know that when bidding honor for drawing, you compare to the opponent across from you (let's call them the "direct" opponent). I assume when bidding on duels, you compare to the controller of the other duel participant. However when things check for dial comparisons (like below and cards with courtesy) do you only compare to the opponent across from you, to either opponent, or to both?

Criminal Contacts

I also notice in clan war this cycle of cards I like to call "buy in" - where everyone gets to pay some cost to duplicate the effect of your card. Each one is phrased "Each opponent" rather than "each other player." Just wanted to double check if this was intentional and meant that in a team game, both players on the opposite side could buy in on the card, but your teammate could not.

Couple of interactions with old cards I'm also curious about:

When cards reference "less honorable than your opponent" does it have to be less than BOTH opponents? Your direct opponent? Either?

If you get multiple ring activations (like with Akodo Toturi) do you have to choose the same players both times, or are the extra activations "free form" and you can target anybody? The rules do specify that the air & earth's negative effects "may only be resolved against the opponent whose province is being attacked." If that's not applicable (say I use guardian kami) do I pick the opponent?

Finally can I say, I do love this set and hope we get a few more cards for multiplayer in the future. (don't need a whole box set, but a dynasty pack or 2 maybe?)

“Your Opponent”
Any card ability that refers to “your opponent” or “an opponent” refers to either player on the opposing team, chosen when resolving the card ability.

5 hours ago, Bayushi Shunsuke said:

“Your Opponent”
Any card ability that refers to “your opponent” or “an opponent” refers to either player on the opposing team, chosen when resolving the card ability.

When do you resolve the ability of a "while" card?

Pragmatism

You dont resolve per se. It becomes active as soon and as long as the condition is fulfilled.