Descent prices reduced

By Watercolour Dragon, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Quite a bit of Descent's reduced over on Asmodee's US site (the usual prices are showing on FFG but as it transfers you over to the same Asmodee shopfront to complete purchases it may update them to the lower price pre-checkout)

Not the core sets and main expansions though. If you're after something that's out of stock you can 'wishlist' it.

This could mean the way being cleared for the 'new' thing or could just be as it's an older game so sales inevitably beginning to tail off even if it's still selling.

https://store.us.asmodee.com/search/?q=descent&p=1&s=0&f=e30=

Interesting. Wonder if this is an attempt to just move inventory, or adjust price point to better position an upcoming product release.

I don’t expect to see anything. Gosh I would love a Mists and Chains coop campaign, those tiles are very evocative and interesting with all the terrain and great artwork.

Descent, (1e, 2e) is a dead product. All of the what-if-ing aside, all of the prognosticating and wishful dreams are just that. This forum will soon go the same path as the D1e forum ... unavailable.

25 minutes ago, any2cards said:

Descent, (1e, 2e) is a dead product. All of the what-if-ing aside, all of the prognosticating and wishful dreams are just that. This forum will soon go the same path as the D1e forum ... unavailable.

Hate to read it, but more than likely the truth. RtL just got a small bug fix and update (likely last thing they do) and I just finished buying all the physical content. At least I have a lot of playing and painting to do.

i wouldn't be so pessimistic. We haven't had any new content in a long time , but we were given some hints that future may be brighter.
So hope is still there at least until Gencon 2020 if there is one.

There has been absolutely no suggestion, hint, or other representation that anything new for D2e will be coming out ... quite the opposite ... FFG has EXPRESSLY stated that there will be NO MORE CONTENT for D2e.

There HAVE been discussions and AMAs, etc. about some exciting thing that may come out RELATED TO or A PART OF the Terrinoth realm. That's it. Period.

I am not being pessimistic. I am stating facts.

Many people on this forum as well as BGG keep misconstruing what has been stated into some dream that will result in D2e content. You all need to join reality.

Don't get me wrong ... I love the game ... I wish I was wrong ... but I am just repeating what FFG personnel have themselves stated.

Edited by any2cards

I know Any that you are one of the the greatest fan of the game, no doubt.
But just above you suggested that the forum was condemned to die. That made me react.
You may be right for the physical content. We might not have more boxes, yes probably.
But the story may not be at an end.
As for Imperial Assault, clear statements were given that something big was coming .

I would think a MMORPG system, and that would indoubtly mean new quests.
And if success why not more content ?

5 hours ago, Tintaglia said:

I know Any that you are one of the the greatest fan of the game, no doubt.
But just above you suggested that the forum was condemned to die. That made me react.
You may be right for the physical content. We might not have more boxes, yes probably.
But the story may not be at an end.
As for Imperial Assault, clear statements were given that something big was coming .

I would think a MMORPG system, and that would indoubtly mean new quests.
And if success why not more content ?

I hope you are right. I just don't believe that to be the case.

As for the "forum was condemned to die" comment ... it was directed more to the history of what happened with D1e. When FFG ended production of all things D1e, the forum basically went away shortly afterward. Now, to be completely fair, part of this is because they started the D2e forum, and most likely didn't want any apparent confusion as to which was which.

Still, they all but eliminated the existence of the product from their website; this in turn eliminated most interactions between individuals about the game. Why would it have hurt to maintain both? I, and many of my friends, still play way more D1e than we do D2e.

I'm just afraid that now that there is nothing new coming out for D2e, the forum will end up going down the same road, and I will no longer have the opportunity for stimulating conversations about the great game with people such as yourself.

EDIT: And quite frankly, the elimination of the D1e forum & product from FFG's website was by FFG themselves (as that was the whole company back then); Asmodee is WAY WAY worse with this kind of thing. They are getting rid of whole product lines that they see as not competitive monetarily; that's fine as its a business decision; but to also remove methods of communicating about the product such as their forums, when people invested significant amounts of money in the game, is simply short sighted and callous.

Edited by any2cards

I definitely hope the forums don't vanish. There's tons of good content here. Same with BGG forums for 2ed.

Then again, there's still open forums for games that have been dead for 2-3 years, like dead, dead. Looking at Runebound 3e and Heroes of Terrinoth, Battlelore, etc...

Edited by The_Han

The other factor is Covid 19- whatever the new product idea is and if it's still on expect the pandemic to delay this as global business / manufacturing has slowed somewhat, at least for the short term, and we are heading into some difficult and challenging times- just observed a lot of product has suddenly gone out of stock which could be the virus hitting supply-lines, so there could be delays to future product launches/ established product reprints/ distribution chains etc

On 3/16/2020 at 7:12 PM, any2cards said:

This forum will soon go the same path as the D1e forum ... unavailable.

It's still there in the forum archives

Home

Forum Archive

Descent: Journeys in the Dark

:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/forum/14-descent-journeys-in-the-dark/

Oh no, I've found a new potential internet rabbit-hole to fall down.

3 hours ago, Watercolour Dragon said:

It's still there in the forum archives

Thanks. I am well aware it was still kind of available ... note that in my post above, I did say this:

" Still, they all but eliminated the existence of the product from their website"

You must admit that it is not easy to find ... in fact, I would say that anyone that has not been on this site for quite some time wouldn't even know that archive exists. Its even hard to find via Google searches, and they index **** near everything ...

Edited by any2cards
20 hours ago, any2cards said:

Thanks. I am well aware it was still kind of available ... note that in my post above, I did say this:

" Still, they all but eliminated the existence of the product from their website"

You must admit that it is not easy to find ... in fact, I would say that anyone that has not been on this site for quite some time wouldn't even know that archive exists. Its even hard to find via Google searches, and they index **** near everything ...

True, but I can understand them splitting them (although not why that isn't renamed ...first edition- both have the same name)

I didn't know that it was still available.

TweakBox Tutuapp

Edited by sneazzy95
1 hour ago, sneazzy95 said:

I didn't know that it was still available

If you go to the Archived Forums, older editions of games are there. I would assume if a 3e of Descent came out this place would be archived. However, with no 3e in sight, it would stay up and any new game would likely be added to the Boardgames section of the community.

Aren't they supposedly working on something via someone let go from the company in the lay offs a few weeks ago? I believe there is a post about it on this forum. It isn't specific other than Terrinoth related and it will be super exciting.

Unfortunately with COVID19 i'm sure timelines will be impacted, hopefully FFG the company (and the fans of its many games) are not majorly impacted by the virus but it sure seems like we are in for a wild ride the next few weeks/months

On 3/23/2020 at 1:51 PM, Dark_Minion said:

Aren't they supposedly working on something via someone let go from the company in the lay offs a few weeks ago? I believe there is a post about it on this forum. It isn't specific other than Terrinoth related and it will be super exciting.

Unfortunately with COVID19 i'm sure timelines will be impacted, hopefully FFG the company (and the fans of its many games) are not majorly impacted by the virus but it sure seems like we are in for a wild ride the next few weeks/months

Someone laid off before the mass-layoffs did post something ambiguous on reddit back in January, yes. It piggy-backs off from what Navarro said when he did an interview/AMA last August (?). Mostly everything that surrounds those base detail-less statements in the past few months have been speculation and people's personal hype. There's been no real verification nor details put out by FFG nor Asmodee. Just two (one anonymous and one from a former studiohead), maybe three statements that they were working on something Terrinoth/Descent related. If it happens, I'll likely buy it. If it doesn't then I'll keep playing Descent and a couple other dungeon crawlers.

Edited by The_Han