Question: Obsession and hits

By SerialInflux, in Android

Got a question. If I have an obsession for a suspect, and hit all the other ones, do I get the obsession pay off?

Mike

Presumably. Though I guess he'd still need at least 5 points' worth of evidence on him.

Why would he? All other suspects are dead. That means, that he automatically is five points more guilty than the next in line (because there is none). Guilty beyond doubt - cause everybody else is dead.

Mike said:

Why would he? All other suspects are dead. That means, that he automatically is five points more guilty than the next in line (because there is none). Guilty beyond doubt - cause everybody else is dead.

I gotta agree. +5 is out the window. Since Suspects can go negative on the evidence, Zero isn't the absolute bottom.

I am waiting for my copy to arrive for Christmas so I haven't played. But I gotta assume that whacking the other 5 suspects is going to be difficult in 5-player games. Someone might catch on and whack yours.

ColtsFan76 said:

Mike said:

I gotta agree. +5 is out the window. Since Suspects can go negative on the evidence, Zero isn't the absolute bottom.

I am waiting for my copy to arrive for Christmas so I haven't played. But I gotta assume that whacking the other 5 suspects is going to be difficult in 5-player games. Someone might catch on and whack yours.

Agreed. You'd have to play a combination of 15 Hit Tokens between yourself and others. Considering the their cost to acquire at Humanity Labor, and the rarity of them in the Conspiracy Puzzle, and that Rachel's the only one who gets bonuses to acquiring them....I think it's a tactic the designers have probably designed against happening.