Sagas and boons/burdens

By Valhalla Gaming, in Rules questions & answers

Slightly confused with how these work while NOT playing campaign mode. I know a lot of them are fairly intuitive on whether they are used for non campaign play(and obviously they don't carry over),but for example in helms deep it tells you to put poisoned councils into your deck, and in the battle of pelenor fields it references wraiths on wings starting in staging area which are fairly significant enemies, as well as the boon that is esquire of Rohan and Gondor. Are those parts of the cards always ignored? If I had to guess the boon parts are but not the burdens, though I find it weird they are explicitly referenced on the quest card itself.

I agree that it is mildly confusing, but quests like Helm's Deep and Pelennor Fields are perfectly playable in "standalone" mode by literally following those directions you cited—just pretend that, e.g., Wraiths on Wings are regular enemies fetched by the quest card.

On 3/9/2020 at 9:23 AM, sappidus said:

I agree that it is mildly confusing, but quests like Helm's Deep and Pelennor Fields are perfectly playable in "standalone" mode by literally following those directions you cited—just pretend that, e.g., Wraiths on Wings are regular enemies fetched by the quest card.

Right, I understand that part, I more mean the boon cards. The rulebook is weird since it does reference playing with burdens when referenced on quest cards, but never boons.

Edited by programdude