Unofficial Splatbook - Deploy the Fleet [19/10/20]

By Talkie Toaster, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Loving the suppliment so far.

That said, pg 27, first sentence under Unusual Chases, contains a typo. Polit-ing instead of pilot-ing

This is awesome! I am looking forward to implementing these rules. I love the evasive maneuvers, shields, and how to handle capital ships. I need to review the rest soon.

And another typo, in the Evasive Maneuvers sidebar, you listed it as an action, not a maneuver.

Also, any chance to expand the ship lists? It would be nice to have the typical rebel fleet ships all in 1 place, and all the imperials in another. Also, there probably should be a rebel ship captain.

On 7/17/2020 at 5:04 AM, Enjeryuu said:

Loving the suppliment so far.

That said, pg 27, first sentence under Unusual Chases, contains a typo. Polit-ing instead of pilot-ing

Ah, thanks! I'll upload a fixed version soon.

On 7/17/2020 at 7:36 PM, Edgookin said:

This is awesome! I am looking forward to implementing these rules. I love the evasive maneuvers, shields, and how to handle capital ships. I need to review the rest soon.

And another typo, in the Evasive Maneuvers sidebar, you listed it as an action, not a maneuver.

Also, any chance to expand the ship lists? It would be nice to have the typical rebel fleet ships all in 1 place, and all the imperials in another. Also, there probably should be a rebel ship captain.

Thanks for the typo!

So my original plan was to include those ships, but then Starships & Speeders came out (I was working on this for, er, too long). It is tempting to still have a section for each navy with example sil 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ships, but I don't want to reproduce too much content, as I'm already being a bit iffy by reusing lots of FFG art.

Wasn't really sure whether a rebel captain was needed- I guess I was assuming the PCs would be the ones commanding ships, and only need an admiral to take overall orders from. When I've run ship combats with NPC allies in other systems (e.g. FFGs Rogue Trader) they've ended up being drawn-out affairs where the GM spends a lot of time rolling dice against themselves as ships always have a lot of weapons and actions to handle, so I haven't even tried in this system. Equally, I should probably actually write that somewhere in the document! Plus it would be useful to have a Rebel Captain profile for PCs to 'borrow' to temporarily play in those situations anyway, so I'll work on a profile with a few different special abilities so there's enough for multiple different players to have unique captains.

Edited by Talkie Toaster

Right, fixed the typos and added a Rebel Captain NPC with a box on how to have PCs assume control of them in fleet battles. Plus, sections on typical fleet compositions for both Rebels and Imperials, with example ships and their sources.

Update is here .