Onager and GT

By CinnaWolf, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

If an onager has GT can it attack from its front arc and ignition arc?

Yes. The Ignition attack must come first.

Edited by Bertie Wooster
4 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

K thx. Also, the front arc is included in the ignition right

5 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Oh I asked my question wrong.
can it attack the same target?

You cannot target the same target with the front arc if you have Gunnery Teams equipped.

edited to fix mistake

Edited by Karneck
7 minutes ago, CinnaWolf said:

Define "it."

2 hours ago, CinnaWolf said:

K thx. Also, the front arc is included in the ignition right

Just for clarification, are you asking here if an ignition shot includes the non-ignition front arc dice?

Because the answer to that is no, the ignition shot includes only the dice shown in the ignition arc--4Red/3Black and 3Red/2Blue/2Black, respectively.

4 hours ago, Karneck said:

It follows the same restrictions as Gunnery Teams. So, you cannot target the same hull zone on a target you attacked with Ignition.

Just to clarify, with GT it cannot attack the same ship with both ignition and front arc. The "same hull zone" restriction is from the Advanced Gunnery objective.

Edited by Lemmiwinks86
4 hours ago, CinnaWolf said:

Ok. Let’s just be thorough about this.

Gunnery Teams on an Onager allow:

two attacks from the front arc, OR

one from the ignition arc, followed by one from the front arc.

Note that IF you have a valid target in your ignition arc, you MUST attack it with your first attack of the turn (even if you’d rather not; if your ignition token is placed, and there’s a valid target in your special arc, that’s where your first shot must be taken, using only your special arc dice). Then, if you have Gunnery Teams, you may make a front arc shot at a different target (using your normal front arc dice). Note also that ignition tokens are removed after your ignition attack, and there’s no window between your first and second attack to place a new token, so you can only use your ignition attack once per turn, since you must have an ignition token placed to make an ignition attack.

Generally speaking, Gunnery Teams aren’t great aboard the Onager, although it does allow you to flak from the front while still blasting opponents from downtown, which might be meaningful.

42 minutes ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

Just to clarify, with GT it cannot attack the same ship with both ignition and front arc. The "same hull zone" restriction is from the Advanced Gunnery objective.

Right, correct, sorry got the two mixed up for some reason. You are correct.