Is CED an LCG?

By originterminus, in Cosmic Encounter Duel

After reviewing the game description, noting that it’s referred to as a “core set”, and with the observation that this is a competitive card game of sorts, it seems fair to call this an LCG.

But does FFG see things that way?

I do not have any interest in this game so have not been following it closely; however I think it will be similar to how Cosmic Encounter works. If that is the case it would not be a LCG since really the expansions in Cosmic Encounter adds new aliens. While new cards could be added (or even new card types), the main focus on the expansion is adding new aliens. The cards in Cosmic Encounter are used as a deck of card as in any standard card game. You do not form decks from different set as is done in an LCG.

I was hoping to find something that fills the void that Destiny left, and it feels like this was conveniently placed in the release date after the last set. However I have issues seeing this work in my Destiny play group simply because you don't have enough variety compared to Destiny (and probably will never have?). That being said, I haven't seen a "Demo Video" or how to play video. Is there something like t hat somewhere?