How good is...? - A new youtube series

By Zura, in The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

https://youtu.be/f_4-eAY0NFM

Hey guys, i decided to try my luck making youtube content for the game. It's the first episode, so it's a tad longer (about 6mins longer), but i'm aiming for quick and informative 15min videos about some lesser used cards in the game. I know the video is not perfect, but hoping you guys can get something out of it and like the idea for the series!

In the series we'll take some lesser (or maybe not) used cards, talk about their place in the cardpool, break down a deck i've constructed featuring a card, and finally get it a spin in a quest and give the verdict!

In the first episode i've decided to cover Last Stand, an event i've never seen played, and we'll see if it's actually pretty good, or does it have a good reason to stay in the binders! Please give me your feedback if you want to see more and better videos!

You have my sword!

Awesome! More content is always welcome, thanks for the video

And my axe!

@Wandalf the Gizzard @General_Grievous @Gibby

Thanks for your support! Comments like this really matter a lot to me, as they encourage me to keep working.

For everyone interested: the second episode is out! This time, we'll take a look at a forgotten noldor ally from Against the Shadow cycle. Enjoy!

Always great to see new community content!

I liked that in the second episode the background made the text more readable (as compared to the first episode).

The format is great. I like the premise of ‘keeping it real’ and looking at actual applications that go beyond theorycrafting.

Subbed!

I just want to take a moment to point out one of the reasons why this is the best community on the internet! Here we are, almost a decade in, with a game losing support from Asmodee quickly, and yet look at the support we’re still eager to give a new content creator.

Cheers, gents! (and ladies)

Another week, another video. Actually, if you haven’t seen it yet, i didn’t post about the last week’s video here as well! This week i tackled the old good Gloin, to face and rate this legendary hero. It may feature some combinations which are familiar to you veterans, but maybe something will suprise you as well! If you haven’t seen the last week’s Fearless scout, i really encourage you to do so, it was pretty fun to make! (they both were) If you have any ideas for the future, please tell me, i’m open to anything (in realm of my capabilities) if that makes my content more enjoyable!

I got the Land of Sorrow and for a change i decided to try doing an unboxing video. Enjoy!

Cool, lucky you!

Speaking of the not already spoiled cards Hobbit Archer (with a return of the old Archer trait not seen since the Core Set, a blast from the past) and The Red Book are quite good I think. Bilbo's Plan on the other hand seems too convoluted and possibly negative as an effect. Smoke and Think could be a really good card making Pipe decks kinda viable since getting to 2-3 pipes is not so hard especially with the new Spare Pipe going on any character (and searching for an event to get Smoke and Think even faster).

The Red Book is insane! That is totally going to revitalize Hobbit decks and make them fantastic at questing. Bilbo's Plan seems like a cheaper, but more situational form of Wait No Longer.

7 hours ago, Felswrath said:

The Red Book is insane! That is totally going to revitalize Hobbit decks and make them fantastic at questing. Bilbo's Plan seems like a cheaper, but more situational form of Wait No Longer.

Indeed, the Red Book is off the scale. I though Hobbits were just fine with plenty of fair options and a variety of builds already; seeing this kind of support is somewhat surprising.

8 hours ago, Felswrath said:

Totally agree. The Red Book makes Hobbit decks viable I think.

3 hours ago, JonG said:

Totally agree. The Red Book makes Hobbit decks viable I think.

Hobbit decks were already quite viable actually, this makes them even better and actually boosts Hobbit Fellowships since The Red Book boost is global

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF5BoLc2Kyg&feature=youtu.be

I'm back at it with an experimental video! Probably the only "theory" video i'll make for quite some time, as it was incredibly exhausting, so expect some more "how good is..." in the near future. Hope some of you will enjoy this one!

This time something aimed at beginners, but hopefully everyone can enjoy talking about trait decks. Thank you to everyone who keeps watching those videos and commenting, it gets me going!

Another and final part of the faction guide is here!

A pair of videos this time! We take Curious Brandybuck for a spin with a review and some gameplay.

We're celebrating the 100 subscribers with the craziest video up to date. Enjoy!

We’re still going strong, and this time, we’re breaking down some of the most exciting news LOTR LCG has seen in YEARS! Enjoy!

Great video! I like your thoughts here. I think you may need to trim the ending though because there’s just over a minute of dead silence at the end of the video which I’m assuming is a mistake?

6 hours ago, General_Grievous said:

Great video! I like your thoughts here. I think you may need to trim the ending though because there’s just over a minute of dead silence at the end of the video which I’m assuming is a mistake?

Thanks for noticing that, i was kind of rushing to release the video and the time i didn't double-check the video, this happened :P I'll try to trim it!