[Ruling] Iuchi Rimei

By Bayushi Shunsuke, in L5R LCG: Rules Discussion

Can I use Iuchi Rimei to move an attachment that has a "Attach to X" requirement to a character that is not X?
For example can I move my opponent's Tactical Ingenuity to a non-commander and it subsequently falls off?
My understanding is that this should work because Rimei does not require the target to be legal/eligible like e.g. Giver of Gifts.

Just now, Bayushi Shunsuke said:

Can I use Iuchi Rimei to move an attachment that has a "Attach to X" requirement to a character that is not X?
For example can I move my opponent's Tactical Ingenuity to a non-commander and it subsequently falls off?
My understanding is that this should work because Rimei does not require the target to be legal/eligible like e.g. Giver of Gifts.

I suppose you are correct. Rimei can be used to move an attachment to a character who would be invalid target, which would discard it.

[Tyler Parrott, Jan 10 2020]

I love the passive aggressiveness in that first sentence. "Stop playing the cards wrong!"

Can Iuchi Rimei target attachments that are not attached to a character?

Rimei can only target attachments on a character, as she cannot move it “from the character it is on” if it’s not on a character.

[Tyler Parrott, Dec 30 2019]
Edited by Goateh