Zones, Range Bands, and Range 0

By The Grand Falloon, in Houserules

2 minutes ago, The Grand Falloon said:

It's a lot to write out, but in practice, it's not that much. "+1 TN to attack at a disadvantageous range, * to put yourself at advantage" sums it up.

But it affects invocations and all that too. And probably things we forget.

Also, your "1 opportunity snaring", that basically imobilize the opponen ? I feel it is a bit stronk.

He can still move, he's just got +1 Tn to use larger weapons. I suppose it would require a fair bit of GM fiat, especially since Spear-boy may be trying to stab someone else entirely...

Well, back to the ol' drawing board...

47 minutes ago, The Grand Falloon said:

He can still move, he's just got +1 Tn to use larger weapons. I suppose it would require a fair bit of GM fiat, especially since Spear-boy may be trying to stab someone else entirely...

Well, back to the ol' drawing board...

Yeah you want to do a lot of deep rooted system fix, these are always difficult. I try to keep my changes very superficial, for the most part.

I think trying to switch it to a "zone" system is probably impossible, or, would open up other balance issue with techniques or actions that involve movement and distances.

But you can maybe fix the problem with the kiting/water stance, if that bugs you. That should be doable.