RitR - Boarding Teams

By ArmadaMatt, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

I swear I've seen this discussed before, but for whatever reason, I can only find one thread that has one comment about it.

What are people doing regarding Boarding Team upgrades in RitR? By the rules, there doesn't seem to be anyway to get them as a reward, but my group is interested in implementing a house rule for them.

The one comment I've found says to just let people grab them as rewards for locations with either a Weapons Team or Offensive Retrofit upgrade. Any other alternatives?

Interested in your ideas!

19 minutes ago, ArmadaMatt said:

The one comment I've found says to just let people grab them as rewards for locations with either a Weapons Team or Offensive Retrofit upgrade.

That was how we did it. Similarly, if you sell either Weapons Team or Offensive Retrofit, we are allowing the buy of the various boarding teams, and, if you sell a boarding team, we are allowing the buy of upgrades from Weapons Team and Offensive Retrofit.

It’s the cleanest way to enable, and has follow on effects like having Shriv able to remove upgrades that are at least something he can remove.

Thanks, guys! I'm not sure why the campaign manual doesn't specifically address this; sure wish it did!