Cloaking Device & drop or launch a device

By Dragon_King, in X-Wing Rules Questions

I am shure this was covered somewhere but I was not able to find it

Card_Upgrade_57.png

At the start of the Planning Phase, roll 1 attack die. On a [eye] result, decloak or discard your cloak token.

is this something that happens right away?

because:

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/67/8a/678a909e-bd3b-4c21-9978-4218a253d07d/b_swzrulesreference_v110_-compressed.pdf

Each ship cannot drop or launch a device during the same phase that it
decloaked.

my question; Is that in the same phase or not? Do i need to decloak in the planning phase, and can still drop/launch a device?

You decloak at the start opf the planning phase, before you do any planning, so it's not the same phase as dropping/launching devices, which is the system phase, so you can drop just fine after a forced decloak from CD.

@thespaceinvader nails the rules.

The big difference in practical effect is that a ship which has been forced to decloak by Cloaking Device is one which has a known location before your opponent sets dials, but a ship which decloaks in the System phase has an unknown location before the opponent sets dials. If I were to guess at the intent behind not allowing someone to drop after a decloak is that it opens up too many options for where a ship could be, and it's too hard to plan around. That problem isn't there with Cloaking Device, hence "same phase" and not "same round" for the decloak/device interactions.

20 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

@thespaceinvader nails the rules.

The big difference in practical effect is that a ship which has been forced to decloak by Cloaking Device is one which has a known location before your opponent sets dials, but a ship which decloaks in the System phase has an unknown location before the opponent sets dials. If I were to guess at the intent behind not allowing someone to drop after a decloak is that it opens up too many options for where a ship could be, and it's too hard to plan around. That problem isn't there with Cloaking Device, hence "same phase" and not "same round" for the decloak/device interactions.

The problem isnt knowing where The ship will be, or having many options of movements after asigning dials.

The problem is having 4 different positions for The bombs... Now add informant or sense... And you have The perfect combination To nail The mines or bombs.